All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia Nseries S60 3.2 Phones (Nokia N78, N79, N85, N86 and N96) (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   N86 8MP Sound Quality (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92282)

gaer75 13-01-2010 01:03 PM

N86 8MP Sound Quality
 
I bought a Nokia N86 5 days ago, i was a N95 owner and i miss the N95 Quality Sound, i wrong? I made a contest between N95 and N86, and i think the winners is N95, but i want to improve N86, how i do this??

Someone Help Me....:con?

Thanks

imjasonh 15-01-2010 02:44 PM

You can't. The speakers on the N86 are crap. I have one, upgraded from an N82. The only thing better on the N86, to me, is NAM 3G. If it weren't for that, I would be back to an N82.

gaer75 16-01-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjasonh (Post 454302)
You can't. The speakers on the N86 are crap. I have one, upgraded from an N82. The only thing better on the N86, to me, is NAM 3G. If it weren't for that, I would be back to an N82.

Thanks for your advice :boring:

DamianDinning 18-01-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaer75 (Post 454047)
I bought a Nokia N86 5 days ago, i was a N95 owner and i miss the N95 Quality Sound, i wrong? I made a contest between N95 and N86, and i think the winners is N95, but i want to improve N86, how i do this??

Someone Help Me....:con?

Thanks

Are you listening over headphones or the built-in speakers?

gaer75 18-01-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamianDinning (Post 454564)
Are you listening over headphones or the built-in speakers?

built-in.:frown:

DamianDinning 19-01-2010 12:06 PM

OK. The N86 uses a dedicated processor for handling audio playback which gives superior sound reproduction and much improved playback times for when listening to music (at least when listening over headphones or other devices such as external speakers etc.

The built-in speakers in the N86 are actually the same components as used in the N82, however the size of the 'cavity' is smaller. It's the size of this cavity which has an enormous effect on the performance of the speakers. Unfortunately this means you need 'air' in the device and given how tightly packed the N86 is there isn't any room for the larger cavities there are in the N95 and N82. For this reason the only way of influencing the audio (from the music player at least) is to adjust the equaliser settings.

br


D

clonmult 20-01-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamianDinning (Post 454632)
OK. The N86 uses a dedicated processor for handling audio playback which gives superior sound reproduction and much improved playback times for when listening to music (at least when listening over headphones or other devices such as external speakers etc.

The built-in speakers in the N86 are actually the same components as used in the N82, however the size of the 'cavity' is smaller. It's the size of this cavity which has an enormous effect on the performance of the speakers. Unfortunately this means you need 'air' in the device and given how tightly packed the N86 is there isn't any room for the larger cavities there are in the N95 and N82. For this reason the only way of influencing the audio (from the music player at least) is to adjust the equaliser settings.

br


D

Does the N86 have radically different audio hardware to the N85? I only ask as I've still got the N95, and the N85 really doesn't sound as good (via a variety of headphones). Its also damn irritating that even with a faster processor it responds considerably slower to presses of the play/pause buttons.

Still reckon nothing beats the old Moto E398 for built-in speaker quality though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.