All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Symbian^3 phones (N8, C7, C6-01, E7-00) (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Pureview 808 won't start (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101258)

dion 09-07-2012 12:15 AM

Pureview 808 won't start
 
Been really enjoying being back in Symbian land after my N900 for the last couple of years. 808 has been a joy to use until ....

Yesterday I was running the Drive app in the car and the phone shutdown, my guess was the battery had run out so I tried plugging in various chargers, no startup, no flashing menu button.

Got home tried pulling battery for a while, then charging got a few flashes on the menu button but then nothing. After many repeats the flashing has happened 3 times so far but not after every pull battery / charge cycle.

Figure I might need a reset, have tried holding power button but that hasn't done anything, no vibrations, no screen or led on.

Any suggestions ?

Is there a deeper reset with multiple buttons ?

Next option is Nokia Care in Melbourne, hopefully they have some ideas because they are of course not sold in Australia!

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Dion

dion 10-07-2012 02:41 AM

NokiaCare Melbourne Closed!
 
Went in to town and sign on the door says closed on June 8!

Looks like I really need reset button combinations ... Any suggestions?

seki 10-07-2012 10:21 AM

I have not tried this ..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dion (Post 490342)
Went in to town and sign on the door says closed on June 8!

Looks like I really need reset button combinations ... Any suggestions?

1. Power your Nokia 808 PureView off.
→ If your device becomes unresponsive, press and hold the power key
for 10 seconds. Then power on normally. If necessary, remove and
reinsert your battery to reboot. It won’t affect your data.

2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Camera keys simultaneously, and
then press and hold the Power key until the Nokia logo screen goes black.

3. Release the Power key but continue to hold down the Volume Down and
Camera keys until the phone reboots.

Please let us know if it helps .. useful to know.. No! I don't want to reset mine to test it!

dion 10-07-2012 12:16 PM

Gave this ago. .. No sign of life
 
Thanks for the suggestions seki.

The phone is actually dead / off already, so I started With the volume down / camera pair, held them and pressed power, let go of it and held camera and volume down. Have tried multiple times, with multiple lengths of presses at each stage. Still nothing.

Nokia Singapore says send it back with a lot of commentary about phones having to be fixed, etc in the correct region. And a whole lot of complication in getting it fixed ...

Any other crazy reset suggestions ? Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck with shipping it back. What a mess...

dion 12-07-2012 01:24 PM

Thanks for the RT's and suggestions on Twitter
 
Still no luck. Have two new suggestions that I'll need to work on to try :

1) Try new battery.
Will have to find one in Melbourne?? Could always pry open my brothers N8 ;-)

2) Connect up to Nokia SUite and hold power for 30 sec.
I'm on a Mac and so is the rest of the house. I did try plugging in to my mac and nothing showed up even in Growl Hardware monitoring. Did get the Menu LED flashing again, like it was charging for probably 15 - 20 flashes. Will try to find a friendly PC to get Nokia Suite on ...

Keep those ideas coming. I really don't want to have to send it back to Singapore ...

bugelrex 13-07-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dion (Post 490494)
Still no luck. Have two new suggestions that I'll need to work on to try :

1) Try new battery.
Will have to find one in Melbourne?? Could always pry open my brothers N8 ;-)

2) Connect up to Nokia SUite and hold power for 30 sec.
I'm on a Mac and so is the rest of the house. I did try plugging in to my mac and nothing showed up even in Growl Hardware monitoring. Did get the Menu LED flashing again, like it was charging for probably 15 - 20 flashes. Will try to find a friendly PC to get Nokia Suite on ...

Keep those ideas coming. I really don't want to have to send it back to Singapore ...


I had a similar issue, mine went to nokia logo and then dots. I tried to do a delete hardreset and it woudn;t boot up after that..

Only the 4 finger salute worked for me (3 did not)
vol down + camera + power + greencall button
or (dont rember which)
vol down + camera + power + center button

it went to Nokia logo, dots and then booted up

dion 13-07-2012 10:49 PM

Thanks Bugelrex ... Gave it a good try no Joy, might have answer though!
 
No response to either combo of 4 finger salute.

Started to wonder about battery, so I dug out my multimeter and checked the voltage on it - zero! Just to be sure I checked my N900's battery and it read 4.2 volts. I've checked all the chargers I tried with my N900 and they all charge it so I don't think it's a charger issue.

I've just sent a reply back to Nokiacare in Australia to see if they can test / swap battery BV-4D. I thought it was the same as the N8 but after checking I don't think it is. I'll see what they have to say ....

I've found a "replacement" battery on EBay which might have to be my next option!

bugelrex 13-07-2012 11:48 PM

if u have an n95, the battery fits in the 808 if u keep your hand on it. I just tried it and it will boot the phone all the way..

i have an n900, but the battery is flat (usb plus broken)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dion (Post 490508)
No response to either combo of 4 finger salute.

Started to wonder about battery, so I dug out my multimeter and checked the voltage on it - zero! Just to be sure I checked my N900's battery and it read 4.2 volts. I've checked all the chargers I tried with my N900 and they all charge it so I don't think it's a charger issue.

I've just sent a reply back to Nokiacare in Australia to see if they can test / swap battery BV-4D. I thought it was the same as the N8 but after checking I don't think it is. I'll see what they have to say ....

I've found a "replacement" battery on EBay which might have to be my next option!


dion 14-07-2012 04:57 AM

Thanks again, bugelrex ... N95 battery on charge
 
Picked my phone history perfectly! I'll give it a good charge and then try it out. Found a BV-4D battery at rounded.com so I figured I'd order it and have a spare if Nokia comes through.

dion 20-08-2012 06:48 AM

Time for an update ....
 
After trying out different batteries including the new one from Rounded.com, still no luck so I sent the phone back to Singapore via a friend. He has picked it up last week, details are vague but at least the battery and possibly the phone has been replaced. Will see aht I can work out when it gets home ....

Still can not understand the difficulty in getting service. Nokia is a worldwide company that just doesn't get it. I suppose it's from too many years of living under the thumb of telcos.

alicia45 03-12-2012 11:26 AM

Very nice info.. Thanks for this info...

soham 03-12-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dion (Post 490337)
Been really enjoying being back in Symbian land after my N900 for the last couple of years. 808 has been a joy to use until ....

Yesterday I was running the Drive app in the car and the phone shutdown, my guess was the battery had run out so I tried plugging in various chargers, no startup, no flashing menu button.

Got home tried pulling battery for a while, then charging got a few flashes on the menu button but then nothing. After many repeats the flashing has happened 3 times so far but not after every pull battery / charge cycle.

Figure I might need a reset, have tried holding power button but that hasn't done anything, no vibrations, no screen or led on.

Any suggestions ?

Is there a deeper reset with multiple buttons ?

Next option is Nokia Care in Melbourne, hopefully they have some ideas because they are of course not sold in Australia!

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Dion

not sure about the reset but i think formatting the phone once will be better for the phone.

dion 05-12-2012 01:24 AM

Issue resolved ... Wel sort of!
 
Sorry, should have posted an update to this long ago.

After sending the phone off to Singapore it was replaced with a new one after about a week. After resetting it up everything has been working great ever since. The only real difference is the battery is more similar to the one I purchased on line from europe then the one that came in the phone. Not sure if the original was a counterfeit one fitted in Singapore or just some variation in labelling.

SDK 11-12-2012 06:44 AM

Very thank you for your message, I want to I can have a lot of help are looking forward to your update again

SDK 25-12-2012 05:53 AM

Very thank you for your message, I think samsung mobile phone shell or very good has distinguishing feature very much, and can better prevent fingerprints and dust effect is a very good accessories

http://www.galaxynote2caseshop.com/c...te-2-28716.htm

http://www.galaxynote2caseshop.com/U...1823941218.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.