All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Series 60 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   BBC iPlayer for S60 goes live... with caveats (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76404)

Unregistered 03-10-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 394093)
bbc iplayer app have been updated to version 1.5 Beta
new features include:
tv download (stored in the gallery and expire after 7 days)
radio streaming
streaming over some 3G networks

BUT, its a useless BETA.... version 1 worked fine although slower to navigate...

Xellotath 03-10-2008 07:07 PM

Still getting "please switch to Wifi connection" when i try to watch something over 3.5g here on the n96, with Vodafone.

ceanth 03-10-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellotath (Post 394104)
Still getting "please switch to Wifi connection" when i try to watch something over 3.5g here on the n96, with Vodafone.

Im getting the same thing when trying to run via WIFI.

:con?

Unregistered 03-10-2008 10:53 PM

e51

does anyone know if this will work on the e51? Does it support .wgz?

Unregistered 04-10-2008 02:06 AM

N82

This is doing my head in!

I want this on my N82 and i have tried doing what a previous comment said about ziping files etc. for over 4 hours now and nothing will work.

Can anyone help me or send me the file already worked on?

if you can please email me at mike@mi-shake.com

Thank you all very much.

Berty 04-10-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 394122)
This is doing my head in!

I want this on my N82 and i have tried doing what a previous comment said about ziping files etc. for over 4 hours now and nothing will work.

Can anyone help me or send me the file already worked on?

if you can please email me at mike@mi-shake.com

Thank you all very much.

Download 7-Zip. Easy way to edit the achive.

I'm stuck with the 1.5 Beta for now, I'll wait for the next issue. My whole point of wanting this program is to save some files using my home wifi to watch while I'm out and about without incuring high data costs.

Unregistered 04-10-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berty (Post 394129)
Download 7-Zip. Easy way to edit the achive.

I'm stuck with the 1.5 Beta for now, I'll wait for the next issue. My whole point of wanting this program is to save some files using my home wifi to watch while I'm out and about without incuring high data costs.

Thank you for this but i still cant get it to work.

Has anyone got this working on a N82 if so let me know exactly how to do it...Please, please!!

mike@mi-shake.com

confucious 04-10-2008 11:13 AM

OK. Edited file and inserted e90 (not nokiae90) and it seemed to work but wanted a wifi connection. Then edited again (really easy using 7zip) to fix the wifi problem and it seems to connectover 3.5G OK but every program I try and watch I just get "Sorry, this program is currently unavailable"

Nokia e90, T-Mobile W'n'W Plus.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Unregistered 04-10-2008 11:26 AM

Same problem here on my N82

i get exactly the same problem. Not sure why yet though.

osymoko 04-10-2008 12:13 PM

iplayer experience on n95

what i've found on n95 8gb three v20:

iplayer 1.0 worked on wifi only to log in, but realplayer then streamed with 3 as default (or wifi if set as realplayer default)

v1.5 works on "play" with 3 from start to finish (and also wifi)

however new download option starts but then can't recognise the DRM when completed and so is not stored.

likely conclusion => 3 is allowing network streaming that perhaps vodaphone doesn't, but n95 8gb does not have the required drm funcitonality that the n96 has.

Any way round this drm issue?

tgdub 04-10-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 394091)
Tried it with N81 8GB. I get the front screen, it says iPlayer BETA and then Home, TV, Radio, Search boxes but nothing else

I've installed this on my e71 with the suggested mods above and am having the same problem. It allows me to connect via both 3G or wifi but then I just get the iplayer home screen as described.

If anyone can help this would be much appreciated!

unbroken 04-10-2008 02:03 PM

Having added "E71" to the list of supported devices, I got stuck at the home screen. Having changed it to "e71", I now get to the programme selections, but an attempt to play anything (video or audio) gets the "Sorry, this program is currently unavailable" response. This is with both WiFi and 3G connections.

I didn't get a chance to try out the 1.0 version, so I can't say if this is down to my install tweaks or something wrong with the 1.5 Beta. Is this problem just manifesting itself on devices that weren't supposed to be supported, or is it on all devices ?

Unregistered 04-10-2008 03:00 PM

hi guys i have a n81 8gb and have tried editing the bbc iplayer app but still not been able to get it installed. when editing wat is the model number i need to write do i just put in N81 or N818GB im not sure wat to write in or can anyone who can edit the app for me to work for N81 8GB send me the edited app my email is muwahhids@hotmail.com thanks

srbuk 04-10-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgdub (Post 394152)
I've installed this on my e71 with the suggested mods above and am having the same problem. It allows me to connect via both 3G or wifi but then I just get the iplayer home screen as described.

If anyone can help this would be much appreciated!

I edited the app-min.js file on the original version 1.0 as per ajck's instructions and it worked on my e71.

I have downloaded the version 1.5, added "e71" to supported phones in app-min.js but when I select a programmme to watch I get "please switch to Wifi connection" even when connected to WiFi. I would like to get this working so I can listen to radio and download programmes but it's back to V1.0 until this is sorted.

Anyone know what edits are required to resolve this issue?

unbroken 04-10-2008 07:01 PM

For those of us too slow/late to come in before 1.5 was released, does anyone have a link to allow 1.0 to still be downloaded ?