All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 6600 and 6620 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Reset 6600 to *Nokia* factory settings... (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23096)

craigweb 10-05-2004 12:29 AM

Reset 6600 to *Nokia* factory settings...

.. I just purchased a Nokia 6600, which was originally an orange phone. My contract is with o2 and the single most annoying thing that orange do is alter the phone in as many ways they can (adding logos to the fascia, software alterations, etc).

Now I was wondering if it's possible (or even legal?) to reset the phone to what would be considered the 'Nokia' factory settings (not the Orange factory settings).

If it is possible how do I do it?

N/A 10-05-2004 08:16 AM

You ask a Nokia service center reflash it with a "generic" (instead of operator-specific) firmware release.

Haider 13-05-2004 12:30 AM

Check this out

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigweb
.. I just purchased a Nokia 6600, which was originally an orange phone. My contract is with o2 and the single most annoying thing that orange do is alter the phone in as many ways they can (adding logos to the fascia, software alterations, etc).

Now I was wondering if it's possible (or even legal?) to reset the phone to what would be considered the 'Nokia' factory settings (not the Orange factory settings).

How to reset/reformat a phone

It may happens that a program corrupts the C: drive of your phone. In such case, some data can be lost of course but, more annoying, some applications may not work or work only partially,...

On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.

In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).

Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected

Haider 13-05-2004 12:31 AM

Check this out

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigweb

It may happens that a program corrupts the C: drive of your phone. In such case, some data can be lost of course but, more annoying, some applications may not work or work only partially,...

On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.

In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).

haider1321@hotmail.com

estepona 13-05-2004 07:01 AM

See Thread : Useful helps : Full phone formatting a 6600!

ff1378 15-08-2005 06:31 AM

help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haider

haider1321@hotmail.com

Hi pal
I have a "system error" every time i restart my 6630. if i use this method, what kind of data will be deleted? only my data or all nokia application which were installed by default?

thanks

jocoolguy 07-11-2009 11:21 AM

get free unlock code here http://www.unlock-free.com/