All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia E90 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   e90 clock says system error (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72630)

eac2000 18-05-2008 07:25 AM

e90 clock says system error

Hi, just asking for my sis in law, she just recieved a Nokia e90 for mothers day...everything was working fine she installed themes and games..and still worked fine..in the middle of the week her bro was pressing alot of buttons then when she tries to access the CLOCK it says SYSTEM ERROR. and going to settings/personalization/date and time..it doesnt open either...she reset :con?it back to factory settings...and it still doesnt work...HOW CAN SHE FIX IT?...pls help...it's only been a week and has that problem!:con?

confucious 18-05-2008 08:38 AM

has she tried updating to the latest firmware - sounds like a system file has been deleted (although I'm no expert on Symbian, with WinMo a hard reset would have fixed it)

papo 13-07-2011 11:38 AM

solved. at least in my case this was caused by corrupted time zone data received from operator.
I just noticed my alarm stopped working the day I bought new sim in cambodia - metfone, but I suppose this can happen even by one bts station, transmitting wrong TZ data.

to fix this error, if this is your case too, follow this:

- remove SIM
- start phone without sim and perform hard-reset: *#7370#
I have done factory reset before, which didn't help *#7780# so you need full hard-reset.
YOU LOOSE EVERYTHING IN THE PHONE, make a backup before!
- after restart, go to tools - settings - general - date and time - automatic time update and switch it off
- you can insert your SIM back now.

Dohrmannb 07-05-2012 04:15 AM

The phone will shut down, wait until it turn on and may be the clock of phone will work again..

agneslawrence 12-05-2012 04:09 AM

An icon on my system tray next to the clock has appeared, it flashes between a yellow triangle with an ! in it, and a small mine, like the logo for the minesweeper game.

sugriled 18-08-2012 06:00 AM

Along with reset, it will also clear the phone memory and uninstall all the installed applications. So, create a backup of the important data before formatting.

huirles 05-09-2012 06:36 AM

I tried putting it in my camera and it keeps saying memory full and when I try to format the card I keep getting an error message.

valdezrobert 24-10-2012 03:38 AM

My girlfriend's prepaid cell phone from Virgin mobile haa had a system error when ever she wants to upload photos she has taken.

charlychaise 27-10-2012 03:04 AM

Before attempting to remove malware you must switch off System Restore as back up files will be hiding in there, and it will just restore itself. Go to Start - programs - accessories - system tools - system restore.

SDK 03-11-2012 02:48 AM

Thank you ah, look forward to your update! Again

soham 04-11-2012 01:38 AM

have she updated the software too? should update the software and firmware. my nokia 5233 had been facing the same problem but now problem does not persists after i updated it.

ameldra 08-11-2012 04:42 AM

I'm trying to resume a game and get an error message that says my system clock has been set back and I need to correct it before I can play. I tried system restore, but that didn't work.