All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Series 60 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Nokia Messaging for Social Networks for E72, E71 and E63 in beta (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94430)

Rafe 19-04-2010 09:43 PM

Nokia Messaging for Social Networks for E72, E71 and E63 in beta

A beta version of Nokia Messaging for Social Networks, also known as the Communities application, has been made available, via Nokia Messaging and Nokia Beta Labs, for the Nokia E72, E71 and E63. The application, which provides access to messaging and other features of social networks; currently Facebook and Twitter are supported. Communities is already available for Nokia's Symbian^1 (S60 5th Edition) devices and is the application that will provide social networking functionality out of the box on the Nokia C6 and E5.

Read on in the full article.

Unregistered 19-04-2010 10:16 PM

I am seriously tired of waiting for months to get a crappy software. Other phones, iPhone/Android/Blackberry, already have great apps. I don't see myself get another Nokia phone when my contract expires.

Unregistered 20-04-2010 06:28 AM

(Yawn)

Unregistered 20-04-2010 06:31 AM

Right

Can not agree with above more......
Fed up with nokia n85....
The usp was ngage ..... They shut it down......
Why dont they take a leaf out of the car cos page and ask for defective/incomplete products recall????

Jimmy1 20-04-2010 06:33 AM

Seriously, just some beta Twitter app, and a buggy one at that? Or the E5/C6?

I'm with the first poster; I'm hanging on with my Omnia i8910 and a back-up E71, but they're soon going up for sale and I'm either going iPhone 4, or an Android phone like the Incredible or the Nexus over at Verizon.

Unregistered 20-04-2010 07:13 AM

Please Nokia do not attempt to do software ever again. all of your software sucks big time, from n-gage to S60 v5 to email client to messenger client to ovi contacts to ovi store... OMG, are you guys serious??!! the worst possible software out there! What the hell are you guys smoking up there in Espoo???

Unregistered 20-04-2010 08:58 AM

Ooh please...

I have a N97 and a Nexus One test device from work to play with.

I don't think that S60 5th as that bad, actually. I need to reboot the Nexus more often than I need to reboot the N97, and most of things that the Nexus One does, I can do with half CPU power and RAM on the N97.

Android in my book, is highly overrated.

Unregistered 20-04-2010 09:06 AM

320x240 resolution is a joke in 2010... Fonts are blocky and plain ugly, 140 characters twit barely fits on the screen :)

Unregistered 20-04-2010 09:54 AM

This forum should be retitled allaboutmoaners.com

Never seen so many whiney, whingey negative people in a thread.

Here I am moaning about moaners. It's a contagious negative thing.

Ammar_Dento 20-04-2010 11:55 AM

I miss notifications in my Facebook application, does this one support it??

I am using Gravity for Twitter but if any developer create an application like Gravity for Facebook i will buy it asap.

deletia 20-04-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammar_Dento (Post 463795)
I miss notifications in my Facebook application, does this one support it??

I am using Gravity for Twitter but if any developer create an application like Gravity for Facebook i will buy it asap.

There is - it's called Gravity :)

All you need to do is email mobileways, along with your IMEI and ask for Facebook functionality to be activated for your license. It is minimal for the moment but allows for posting, commenting, liking and disliking.

Jimmy1 20-04-2010 02:51 PM

Didn't mean to grouse earlier, but I had some down time at my night job and I was a little peeved that I couldn't do two things that I could do simultaneously on my older HTC Kaiser Tilt running Windows Mobile.

Windows Mobile, a dead platform by the way, has an Ebay application (not a web portal, an actual app) and a Major League Baseball application where I could follow my favorite team--the NY Yankees--and even listen to game simulcasts.

I couldn't even find a native ebay app for S60v5 (in 2010!), where I could update my watch list and offer counterbids, which is pretty pathetic IMO. This doesn't even include wishing for a Kindle application so I can dowload a digital version of the new Stephen King novel and read it when I have a free minute.

Unregistered 20-04-2010 09:20 PM

Another fail by Nokia Beta Labs - the worst programmers in the world.

Look guys Apple needs some competition, Android is overrated and clunky - buck up. You fall further behind with garbage like this.

At least they didn't call it Ovi !

RollerSMB 20-04-2010 10:08 PM

Moaners

So AAS, given you have weblogs with IP Addresses, can we get a breakdown of whingers by country? Is this a case of whinging poms? Or are yanks the new king of whinge? We aussies.. never.. :P

I concur tho, if you aren't interested, no point leaving repetitive crap here. Why not get on the beta labs site and give feedback? That way, (if you really do own a nokia phone), you may actually help mould the product into something you would like to use! I know.. a CRAZY idea hey..

Unregistered 21-04-2010 06:13 AM

Another whiner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 463721)
I am seriously tired of waiting for months to get a crappy software. Other phones, iPhone/Android/Blackberry, already have great apps. I don't see myself get another Nokia phone when my contract expires.

I'm totally with you on this one. The quality of Nokia's software has been uneven at best. And this one is just plain depressing. Makes one wonder whether the boys up at Espoo are even trying anymore.

I'm just waiting for more Android phones to be available locally then I'm off the Nokia wagon.