All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia Numbered S60 5.0 (Nokia 5800, Nokia 5230, Nokia 5530) (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Unlocking Nokia 5800 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85011)

graph 20-06-2009 04:01 PM

Unlocking Nokia 5800
 
Hi

I have a Nokia 5800 on the way from Vodafone UK as a contract upgrade and was wondering if they come already unlocked? I have heard that Vodafone send all contract phones already unlocked, and if they aren't, you can have them unlocked for free by calling them and getting a code. My question is, would there be any advantage of going to a shop and having them unlock it using a cable or another method?

I plan to "hack" the SymbianOS using HelloOX or another method, would there be any difference if I had it unlocked via code?

Thanks

dez_borders 21-06-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graph (Post 424055)
Hi

I have a Nokia 5800 on the way from Vodafone UK as a contract upgrade and was wondering if they come already unlocked? I have heard that Vodafone send all contract phones already unlocked, and if they aren't, you can have them unlocked for free by calling them and getting a code. My question is, would there be any advantage of going to a shop and having them unlock it using a cable or another method?

I plan to "hack" the SymbianOS using HelloOX or another method, would there be any difference if I had it unlocked via code?

Thanks

If it is locked and Vodafone will unlock it for free, then do that.
Unlocking by cable/hack box invalidates the warranty - IF Nokia find out.

Once unlocked, HelloOX etc will work fine, regardless of how it was unlocked.

graph 21-06-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dez_borders (Post 424169)
If it is locked and Vodafone will unlock it for free, then do that.
Unlocking by cable/hack box invalidates the warranty - IF Nokia find out.

Once unlocked, HelloOX etc will work fine, regardless of how it was unlocked.

Okay thanks, so there are no advantages to the cable/box method? And is it possible to debrand the phone once hacked?

Thanks

dez_borders 22-06-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graph (Post 424181)
Okay thanks, so there are no advantages to the cable/box method? And is it possible to debrand the phone once hacked?

Thanks

There is a DISadvantage in using a cable/box method - it invalidates the warranty.

De-branding is done by changing the product code using NSS then upgrading with NSU and has nothing to do with hacking the OS.

;)

graph 22-06-2009 08:29 AM

OK Thanks :)

Do you by any chance have a link to a guide anywhere?

Cheers

dez_borders 22-06-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graph (Post 424281)
OK Thanks :)

Do you by any chance have a link to a guide anywhere?

Cheers

go to the N95 AAS forum and read the sticky at top of forum area.

Psalm23_(UK) 11-07-2009 08:08 PM

Hi, just to say a lot of the 5800's supplied by Vodafone are already unlocked I have 2 (gavin and stacey version) and both are unlocked. My freind has one which he got approx 1month earlier and his is unlocked too!:)

kaka147 13-09-2010 10:59 PM

How to unlock 5800 and nokia N97 from operator
 
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have two phone Nokia 5800 xpress music and Nokia n97 but both are operator locked. Nokia 5800 is locked to Tele2/comviq sweden and Nokia n97 is locked to 3 sweden.

Can any one tell me how to unlock these phones?

Papiroha 15-09-2010 05:14 PM

FSecure
 
Guys, need help plz :(

I've installed FSecure software through the Nokia Ovi Store. There, if you change your SIM card, phone automatically sends an SMS to a certain number and etc (as usual guard software).
Once I didn't switched off this security system and changed SIM, but as there were no funds the SMS was not send. I had forgotten the secure code and the only way to get rid of this software was to uninstall it. BUT after I have done it I can't send and SMS! I receive it, can read it through Ovi Suite, but not on the phone. I guess the phone was blocked by FSecure :(

Here's what I'd tried and it didn't help:
- reinstalled the FSecure
- Hard Reset of the phone
- changing a product code through NSS to update software. P/c is changed, but no updates are available neither through *#0000# nor Nokia Updater... (assume this is the result of FSecure :( )

Please, guys, can you help me with this issue? I can't find any proper solution anywhere :(

faridun86 16-09-2011 03:48 PM

Nokia 5800 unlock
 
Hello guys i have Nokia 5800 express music from South Korean mobile company KTF, could anyone help me with unlocking this phone?

Thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.