All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Series 60 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   BBC iPlayer for S60 goes live... with caveats (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76404)

Coatezy 03-10-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coatezy (Post 394022)
Any way of adding the samsung i8510 to the .js file?? I have had a look but dont think its possible?? Get the following error message

Device: user agent not recognisedmozilla/5.0(symbian/9.3; u; series60/3.2samsung/i8510/xxhh7; profile/midp-2.1 configuration/cldc-1.

Any idea's? :)

Ahh i see someone has already managed to do it.. Hmmm will have to look a bit further in to it.. I added I8510 to the list and that did not work..

Bagpussawake 03-10-2008 12:42 PM

E90

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceanth (Post 393866)
Hi mate, i have an E90 with same firmware but i cannot install this. Pcsuite doesnt let me install, and after modding the file i get the "unable to install, feature not supported"

How exactly did you get this app working on your E90?

Hi Ceanth,

I used 7-zip to open the iplayer.wgz file (without extracting it). Still in 7-zip I browsed to :iplayer.wgz\iplayer\js\app-min.js, right clicked and chose Edit.

The file opened in notepad, I checked word wrap was off and then searched for "n95".

The second hit was "(iphone|ipod)/,"nokia-s60-webkit-family":/(n95|n96|n78)/}" so I added "|nokiae90" to the list to make:

(iphone|ipod)/,"nokia-s60-webkit-family":/(n95|n96|n78|nokiae90)/}

I then did the edit BeardyWeirdy details to enable 3g operation. Clicked File=>Save. Then when exiting notepad 7-zip asks if you want to update the file in the archive, I said yes and then exited the 7-zip explorer window.

To install, I removed a previous (unsuccessful :-() instal and then copied the iplayer.wgz file to my phone's memory card.
Then used File Manager on the phone to browse to the iplayer.wgz and ran it.

That worked for me although my better half wasn't too impressed with me watching telly on my phone in bed last night ;-p

JonWill 03-10-2008 12:52 PM

Thanks to the 2 "unregistred"s who offered help on the E71 - use a lowercase "e" in the hack and it works!

Thanks, all.

Coatezy 03-10-2008 12:55 PM

now working

I have now tried adding i8510 instead of I8510 and is working perfectly!

Cheers

Unregistered 03-10-2008 03:09 PM

Neil

Thanks for the info on how to get BBC iplayer working on my N82, however, an update has become available today (1.50) and when I overwrote the BBC iplayer files my phone is not recognised again. Is there a PC link for the new version so that I can adjust the .js file for my phone?

Berty 03-10-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 394062)
Thanks for the info on how to get BBC iplayer working on my N82, however, an update has become available today (1.50) and when I overwrote the BBC iplayer files my phone is not recognised again. Is there a PC link for the new version so that I can adjust the .js file for my phone?

Looking for the same myself. Sound like you can save files now for 7 days, and 3G access. A step in the right direction!

Unregistered 03-10-2008 03:52 PM

Works on my E90 with 210 firmware - had to unzip and change the javascript file, as described above. Just search for 'n95' and add '|e90' to the end of the string. I used windows to zip and unzip it (Windows XP) and renamed the file - that worked fine.

It seems to play at a good resolution and frame rate in full screen mode over wireless. I've no intention of trying 3G!

Thanks, BBC!

singhfx 03-10-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berty (Post 394064)
Looking for the same myself. Sound like you can save files now for 7 days, and 3G access. A step in the right direction!

FIRSTLY: for FEATURE NOT SUPPORTED ISSUE.... u need to zip only the second iplayer folder.... so its (IPLAYER->SUB FOLDERS)
feature not supported happens wen u zip like this: (IPLAYER->IPLAYER->SUB FOLDERS)

SECONDLY: for latest v1.50 go to 3 w's... bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/iplayer.wgz

Hint: SUBFOLDERS is the folders which consist of "JS" & "IMG" & "CSS"

Unregistered 03-10-2008 04:22 PM

When I access iplayer on my n95 8gb it says there is an update available (today 031008). I only installed it yesterday! Any idea what the update is...I dont want to install an update which might mess up iplayer. Its still working fine...without the update!

Unregistered 03-10-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 394075)
When I access iplayer on my n95 8gb it says there is an update available (today 031008). I only installed it yesterday! Any idea what the update is...I dont want to install an update which might mess up iplayer. Its still working fine...without the update!

DONT UPGRADE YET.... i did it... BUT, it has wifi errors... yet v1 playes fine....

although 1.5 has radio, and u can keep programmes for 7 days.... however 1.5 is a BETA.... although it is much faster to navigate, it just WONT play! waiting for next version! shudnt be too long!

Rafe 03-10-2008 04:36 PM

The update adss the ability to stream radio and download and keep shows for 7 days. However the download stuff doesn't seem to work for me (it say that the download is not compatiable with my phone... on N95 8GB. On N78 it seems to think I'm ona 3G access point even when I'm not). Sigh.

Berty 03-10-2008 04:39 PM

Installed the new 1.5 version. Now it asks me to switch to Wifi when it's already on Wifi!! any ideas?

Unregistered 03-10-2008 05:19 PM

i read somewhere that the beeb don't have the rights to download the radio progs and it only streams on some networks. i think they said downloads only work on the n96 too. dunno why.

Unregistered 03-10-2008 06:11 PM

Tried it with N81 8GB. I get the front screen, it says iPlayer BETA and then Home, TV, Radio, Search boxes but nothing else

Unregistered 03-10-2008 06:19 PM

bbc iplayer app have been updated to version 1.5 Beta
new features include:
tv download (stored in the gallery and expire after 7 days)
radio streaming
streaming over some 3G networks