All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Links of Interest (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sports Tracker online services goes live (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96075)

Rafe 13-08-2010 02:35 PM

Sports Tracker online services goes live

The online service element of Sports Tracker, the application lets you track exercise activities (workouts) and turns your Nokia smartphone into a GPS sports computer, is now available. The online service allows you to see at a glance information about each activity, easily visualise your workouts, make comparisons and share activities with others via the Sports Tracker website, Facebook or Twitter. Read on for more information and screenshots.

Read on in the full article.

igb 13-08-2010 03:49 PM

One very useful feature i hope that they add to the phone app is the ability to batch upload tracks. I would also like to batch export tracks either from my handset, or from the web service.

Ian.

Unregistered 13-08-2010 04:31 PM

Its using goole maps. So then, a data plan is required to use it ?

tenoce 13-08-2010 04:57 PM

No it is using Open Street Maps on the handset. But that also needs data connection. However it needs download the map only once, then it is stored on the handset. Then if you run on the same route, no more data connection is used.

megapack162 13-08-2010 05:14 PM

Hi Rafe,

Nokia Sports Tracker is available for most S60 3rd Edition and S60 5th Edition devices, it is compatible with more than 100 million Nokia phones. With the latest release of the application Sports Tracker has added support for some S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 devices, including the Nokia E71.
End Quote

There is actually support for all S60 3.1, S60 3.2, S60 Touch and S^3 handsets according to Sports Tracking Technologies.

They have also stated that "Live Tracking" will be available again, hopefully by the end of the year :icon14:

There's also a competition to win a Polar wearlink Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor on the Ovi Blog website, all you have to do is create a pretty/cool picture with your activity.

Just off out to test the updated version out.

Cheers,

Alun.

Unregistered 13-08-2010 08:25 PM

If I used Nokia phones this would be great.

_fakefur 14-08-2010 11:09 AM

shame the entire website is written in flash ... massive fail and a complete no-no for me unfortunately

oh well...

Unregistered 14-08-2010 12:28 PM

"If I used Nokia phones this would be great"

Well, get one. Some of them are quite good you know.

"massive fail and a complete no-no for me"

Put that iPad / iPhone down!

Unregistered 14-08-2010 12:37 PM

For Non Nokia users

Try searching http://www.symbian-freeware.com/ to get an old version

Then use the in app update to download the latest version

lark 14-08-2010 07:34 PM

Cool, can anyone compare SportsTracker to HeiaHeia? Which one is easier to use? It looks like the SportsTracker captures more data on the web-site than HeiaHeia does with eCoach (although eCoach does capture the same data as SportsTracker).

Silverhermes 15-08-2010 10:15 AM

Voice coach

I used and enjoyed Sports Tracker for at first and then changed to Endomondo because I thought my my N95 8gb wasn't going to be supported in the new version. I like Endomondo because there is a voice coach that gives total time and lap time per kilometer. If would love Sports Tracker to have this especially since there is the heart monitor now.

Unregistered 15-08-2010 10:56 AM

thanks Rafe

That was a great comprehensive article so thanks. I have downloaded the sports tracker and the app for my Nokia n96 and after importing all my old workouts it will not allow me to import a new workout from yesterday or today but just says it is uploading for HOURS!! Any ideas? Thanks

Dazzy 15-08-2010 08:04 PM

Hey Guys

I am looking for a good diet app kinda thing to go with this, can anyone recommend a good one? Basically started the year at 15st 11lbs now 13st 12lbs and losing anymore is proving more and more difficult. Want to lose another stone by the end of the year and this is the time of year I get most stressed and tend to put on weight by eating junk.

Thanks

malerocks 16-08-2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _fakefur (Post 473678)
shame the entire website is written in flash ... massive fail and a complete no-no for me unfortunately

oh well...

Out of curiousity, why does flash not work with you?

Unregistered 16-08-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malerocks (Post 473721)
Out of curiousity, why does flash not work with you?

I too, like very many people, dislike Flash sites and their painful loading status indicators and progress bars.