All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P900 flashed with P910 Firmware (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27639)

Bigfeat 09-09-2004 06:32 AM

P900 flashed with P910 Firmware

Check it out..

P900 - P910

I guess it begs to dispell the 128mb hardware limitations on the P900. All the effort spent in arguing that a simple firmware upgrade could break the barrier was not all for nothing.. In other words, I've been right all along.. :D

Delta737 09-09-2004 07:02 AM

VERY, VERY interesting!!!! So it is a software limitation after all! Oh, and BTW now we know the P910 has Handsfree profile as well. The fact that he says he will offer this upgrade to all of us too isn't much use to me though, since I need the P910i, and not the p910a

Bateman 09-09-2004 02:30 PM

Sounds like the P910 has some really cool features over the P900. I'll surely be upgrading my P900 firmware to the P910's as soon as I figure out:

a) Where to get the P910 firmware
b) How to conduct the process
c) How to roll back if needed

Anybody with any info on the above just say so!

Bateman

Raven 09-09-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfeat
All the effort spent in arguing that a simple firmware upgrade could break the barrier was not all for nothing.. In other words, I've been right all along.. :D

As was I. :D

Makes one realise just what kind of company we're dealing with here, doesn't it. SE could have made a simple firmware upgrade for the P900 to take advantage of the DUO PRO cards all this time, but chose not to. :icon13:

Bassey 09-09-2004 02:40 PM

Alledgedly, some bloke from London on esato forum has also figured out how to do it and is offering to do the upgrade for anyone willing to send their P900 to him!

Bigfeat 10-09-2004 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassey
Alledgedly, some bloke from London on esato forum has also figured out how to do it and is offering to do the upgrade for anyone willing to send their P900 to him!

Well I've already contacted the first poster that made the claims and offered a video clip. The cool thing is that he was willing to give me his contact # plus will allow me to simply drop it off in person and wait until the job is done. So I'm guessing he's pretty legit. Since he was the first to provide the info and offer a video of his success I think I'll drop my unit off to him. I have already ordered and paid for a P910i so I think I can live with my P900 being tinkered with. I'll let you guys know how it went.

Delta737 10-09-2004 07:04 AM

After this you can't upgrade the P900 "regularly" anymore he says, so any future upgrades will be out of the question.

Oh, and BTW, now he says handsfree profile might NOT work :s:
Still interesting though. Now that we know that the Duo Pro support is a software thing, we might be able to "pressure" SE to make this feature available for P900. I feel another petition coming up...

Kajjy 10-09-2004 01:14 PM

Guys, I live in Thailand and one of the guys in our Thai forum who owns a mobile gadget business has also apparently done it. Ball's in SE's court I guess. If they don't release an official firmware update that enables the P900 to hold more MemStick.....I guess it won't be too long before I go for one of these better, unofficial firmware updates.........

sheep 10-09-2004 01:57 PM

South Africa

hi i am a kid(20) from south africa so i can not send my P900 to get this update if some one could tell me where i can get the soft ware from and how to do it i would love it and be verry gr8t full :) :o :icon2:

Hassan 11-09-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bateman
Sounds like the P910 has some really cool features over the P900. I'll surely be upgrading my P900 firmware to the P910's as soon as I figure out:

a) Where to get the P910 firmware
b) How to conduct the process
c) How to roll back if needed

Anybody with any info on the above just say so!

Bateman

a) I dont know if it's against the forum roule to post links to download firmware.

Any way it would be pretty useless if you dont have SE fighter

b) Again you would need a SE fighter to flash your P900.

c) SE fighter can reflashe the firmwear back to original p900 firmware.

I have converted two of them for my customers, they were really happy. :)

Best regards

Hassan

stoney 12-09-2004 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassan
a) I dont know if it's against the forum roule to post links to download firmware.

Any way it would be pretty useless if you dont have SE fighter

b) Again you would need a SE fighter to flash your P900.

c) SE fighter can reflashe the firmwear back to original p900 firmware.

I have converted two of them for my customers, they were really happy. :)

Best regards

Hassan

Would you be willing to do this for other people too? How much do you charge for it? Where are you from in the uk? I don't really like sending my phone but I could come over to the UK for a day and make a daytrip of it. You can answer me on the forum or send a email to gevaert@gmail.com

Thanx,

Bigfeat 12-09-2004 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoney
Would you be willing to do this for other people too? How much do you charge for it? Where are you from in the uk? I don't really like sending my phone but I could come over to the UK for a day and make a daytrip of it. You can answer me on the forum or send a email to gevaert@gmail.com

Thanx,

Stoney,

If you're in the States, the first posted P900-P910 flashes were made by a blok in Cali. Other then that, there are about 5 other plp I know in Europe and 1 in HK that have been doing it as well.

However, you need to follow the original thread very carefully. It is now reported that this firmware flash does not allow ANY SE HBH BT headsets to work any more. Other BT headsets and pc have not been tested yet. So before anyone on here shows haste I'd suggest hanging back and observe the scene first. More issues may unfold.

stoney 12-09-2004 04:53 AM

Bigfeat,

I don't use any bt stuff and not planning to do so in the future... I'll wait anyway and see what happens since I will need the p910i firmware...
I'm in Europe, Belgium to be precise, if you could let me know some places close to belgium that do it that would be awesome... You can contact me on gevaert@gmail.com

Delta737 12-09-2004 07:12 AM

And some screen flickering has been reported here as well... Hope SE will make an official upgrade (I know, that's wishfull thinking...)
http://www.globalmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194

Hassan 12-09-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoney

Thanx,

Hi i would not recomend you to come over in the Uk just for that. Peoples has reported HBH-300 bluetooth headset failing to connect with P910, it does'nt matter if it's just P910 firmware or P910 it selfe its a bug in the original firmare.
I have just order my P910 even i have P900 so i'll be faceing that bug aswell.
I use motorola headset that works fine, some body else reported Jabra BT250 works fine aswell.

Best Regards
Hassan