View Single Post

Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 PM

Lollipopsicle is on a distinguished road
Phone Internal Memory Data recovery...!!

Hey Every one...

So here is a question that is being asked ALOT! but which has not been answered yet!
mostly because the question is not asked very clearly.

HOW CAN WE MOUNT THE PHONE INTERNAL MEMORY AS A VOLUME/ DRIVE?
NOT as a directory through PC suite. (that can not be scanned for data recovery.)

I have been searching for days and it is clear that very few people understand the actual problem of recovering data from the internal memory of a phone!
we can all manage to select a volume/ drive and hit recover in one of the countless "undelete" style recovery software packages,
but if the internal memory does not show up as a drive, we're screwed.

and NONE of my nokia phones mount their internal memory as drives. (or the sony ones for that matter.)
they are only accessible through the PC suite software as directories and those are not scannable by any data recovery software.

so here's the challenge for all you tech heads out there:

HOW DO WE MOUNT OUR PHONE INTERNAL MEMORY IN ORDER TO RECOVER DATA FROM IT?

Especially with a symbian phone I should think that some one out there knows how to do this.
the phones in question in my case are:
N73/ symbian/ 3rd (s60 I think)
and
Nokia 6500s-1 /series40 os as far as I understand...)

I have posted this question in a number of forums, but not received anything but spam so far, so:

dear data recovery company affiliates control your urges!
we all know your software but its useless, unless we can answer the actual question here!!

I will cross feed any information I get from other places as and when availeble.

Lolli

Last edited by Lollipopsicle; 02-09-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention!