View Single Post

Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 PM

neilhoskins is on a distinguished road
Bizarre N95-1 Networking Problem - and it's all Steve's Fault ;-)

A while back I moved the feed for The Smartphones Show from podcasting to 'Video Centre'. Although this is a more elegant way of viewing video podcasts, you have to download manually as there's no scheduler. So this morning, I set it to download Smartphones Show #62 and got on with my cornflakes. So far so good.

So I get to work, and the phone won't even see the work AP, let alone connect to it. The bluetooth connection to PC Suite on my desktop is there, but doesn't seem 100% somehow. So I reboot the router several times, reboot the phone several times, all to no effect.

Come lunchtime, I watch episode #62 while munching my marmite sandwich (actually it was that vegemite rubbish, 'cos they didn't have any marmite that day). When finished, I go to 'my videos' (annoying how you can't delete from 'internet videos') and, all of a sudden, the AP is back, rock-solid, with VoipFone registered and everything.

I see two possibilities here. (1) Video Centre somehow didn't "let go" of my home AP and locked something up. (2) Smartphones show #62 is possessed by a malevolent spirit.

[edit 15:16] but then again I suppose there could be an option (3), coincidence, because it's started playing up again.

Last edited by neilhoskins; 07-07-2008 at 02:17 PM.