View Single Post

Old 30-04-2009, 10:49 AM

higher is on a distinguished road
E71 Vs E75 Vs N97

Spent an hour using the new E75 and was not impressed. I have an E71 and before this the E66.

First thing is the size / form is very comparable to the E66, but the key board is very difficult to use. The wide key spacing and the bar thingy running down the centre of the keyboard makes you stretch your fingers in an uncomfortable way to reach keys. I found I could hardly type at all compared to the e71 where I can quickly move around the keypad. This might be something that would speed up with practice, but it was very unnatural to use the E75 keyboard. The keys themselves are large and have good build quality (better than E71). And the device felt solid and high end. Slide function is solid and not flimsy.

Screen size, resolution and all other feature look just like the E66. The reason I moved from E66 to E71 was battery life on E66 was extremely poor, so if the E75 is targeted at mail, high end, high usage business users, letís hope the battery is improved, although I doubt it and I didn't check if it uses same battery as E66?

What really was disappointing is that I want to buy N97 when available, but this will use the similar design keyboard which will hopefully be more useable. If not then the form will take some getting used-to for ex E71 / Blackberry / PDA users.

In the meantime I canít see what the point of the E75 is? Battery life is poor, itís the same as an E66 in form and has less of the functionality of the E71.

And why are Nokia sticking with a full form keyboard? Itís about time they used full screen with electronic keyboard, come-on Nokia your share is down 90% letís get moving here, give us some game-changer devices ! It's likey they (Nokia) can't quite move away from solid state keyboard / pads which is such as waste or potential screen. Imagine what an E71 would look like is that keyboard space was given over to screen instead.