View Single Post

Old 23-02-2010, 09:55 PM

chatty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1 View Post
It doesn't matter how "successful" the N97 fiasco was for Nokia in terms of their margins and profit recuperation.

What does matter is that the problems with the N97, and the continuing issues with the equally buggy E72, has damaged the Nokia name with many prospective (and past) consumers, perhaps irreparably. It's damaged them on a Toyota-failing-brake-pads level.

In order to turn things around in the higher-end market, they're going to have to release a device so stellar, i.e. another 'Jesus Phone', that makes the Nexus One and the coming iPhone 4.0 look like yesterday's news. Not an easy job, IMO.

And if they don't do it by the end of this year, the company should probably remain satisfied in profiting from lower end handsets in emerging markets, because they can kiss more developed markets goodbye.
I agree that nokia will have to make a Jesus phone to gain back some support. When Nokia released the N95 it was a great phone with amazing features for the time it was released. But since then nothing much has happened at nokia(or from other manufactures in terms of hardware). Hardware hasn't improved that much and the software practically hasn't changed a bit! Nokia are gonna have to come up with something amazing or to another phone company I go!
I've also decided that now with any phone I get I will wait a few months after release and search around forums like this before I commit to buying one! Something I really should have done before buying this...