All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-08-2007, 01:49 PM

MotoZ8 is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to install MotoZ8 Drivers without CD

Hi All

I am trying to charge my Motorola Z8 using a USB cable. so what is the problem?

The problem is that the PC pops up with "found new hardware" and next asks for drivers. << i have checked the net but no joy.

Pls help me out where i can get the drivers to install into the PC to Run the phone...ITS TOTALLY DEAD . THanks.
Ads

Old 15-08-2007, 02:28 PM

hobbes79 is on a distinguished road
Try downloading this:

direct.motorola.com/motography/PcSync.exe

Old 16-08-2007, 09:51 AM

mobilewonder is on a distinguished road
Hi,

The Z8 presents a USB interface as soon as you insert a cable when the phone is off. This can safetly be ignored. It seems to only be there for a couple fo seconds.

After which, the phone will move into 1 of 2 states. If the battery is fairly charged, it will boot into a charging screen, and charge from USB. If the battery is flat, nothing will happen visibly, except the little green charging light will come on. Leave the phone like this. It can take a while before that battery is sufficiently charged to move into a proper charging mode when only using PC USB charger.

If the green light is on though, your phone is charging, albeit pretty slowly.

Hope that helps,

Old 21-08-2007, 06:51 PM

Hi Hobbes79
Some PC your not allowed to install the above Application (PcSync.exe). because the user or in this case me wont have rights to install.

Hi Mobilewonder
I plugged the USB cable into the PC and plugged the Motorola. after this I get "new Hardware found" its asking for drivers and wont do anything else.

I did switch off. and all i got was a Still Battery Icon.

If you guys now how to install the drivers without installing new hardware. Please let me know.

Thanks for the replies

Old 22-08-2007, 09:57 AM

hobbes79 is on a distinguished road
This perhaps won't help with charging, but...

When you plug in the cable, your will be given 3 options... Modem, PC Connect and Mass Storage. Select Mass Storage.

This will make you phone appear to the computer like any old mass storage device, and you shouldn't need any drivers for this I believe. Then go to 'My Computer' on your PC, and you should be able to find it there and browse the files on your phone, as well as add of course.

Mine in fact does appear to charge when I do this, but I don't know if that's cos I installed the software or if it would have just done it anyway. When this happens, the phone says "Slow charger connected", so I guess it won't charge quickly but it will charge. Worth a try

Old 23-08-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes79 View Post
This perhaps won't help with charging, but...

When you plug in the cable, your will be given 3 options... Modem, PC Connect and Mass Storage. Select Mass Storage.

This will make you phone appear to the computer like any old mass storage device, and you shouldn't need any drivers for this I believe. Then go to 'My Computer' on your PC, and you should be able to find it there and browse the files on your phone, as well as add of course.

Mine in fact does appear to charge when I do this, but I don't know if that's cos I installed the software or if it would have just done it anyway. When this happens, the phone says "Slow charger connected", so I guess it won't charge quickly but it will charge. Worth a try
Hi Hobbes79

-connected phone to PC and got "new hardware found" <<< ignored this "cancelled" (because am not authorised to install any software.)
- Selected Mass Storage
- Notting happend
- disconnected

-=- second step -=-

switched off phone
- now it seems to change from almost empty to fully charged icon << charging ( its changing fully charged icon because the phone was charged )
- problem seems to be solved.
- i close the "new hardware" windows.
- I notice now that the icon is not changing anymore. << not charging.
- I disconnected the phone and noticed it there was less battery than before.

I found it interesting that once you click on mass stroge you can browse your phone using my computer. <<< sorry this is not possible for me. PC is telling me it found new hardware and can not see any drivers except those already excist.

I learned my lesson which is to use my charger which comes with the phone. Instead of charging my phone it takes battery and to only connect my phone with a PC which has the software and drivers.

Thanks Hobbes79