All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-02-2004, 01:53 PM

Punjabi007 is on a distinguished road
A good WAV converter

Hi Guys!

Well the subject says it all what am gonna talk abt right now!

After going thru some posts here and my own experimentation I was finally able to convert some MP3s into WAV files and transfer em to my Nokia 3660.

For conversion i have been using different softwares such as ACOUSTIC, DBPOWERAMP and NERO. Now for me anythign was fine for conversion but there is a peculiar problem. After conversion to wav file and editing it in NERO to play from selected position to the chosen position and saving it as new track I then transfer the file through PC suite to my NOKIA 3660. As soemone said before PC SUITE itself compresses the file even more. (The file I transfered was compressed from 4mb to 140k in the phone)

Although whenever I play this file in the RECORDER it sounds mor elike I have recorded it with my cell phone by keeping it beside the speakers ie Not good quality! Infact I have some other wav files which I downloaded from the web and they too I transfered using PC SUITE but they sound pretty good and at a high volume too.

So I wanna know which are the BEST CONVERSION tools that could be used with simple interface. As I dont want to put full tracks on the cell but some edited portions of the tracks. So lemme know a good editing tool as well.

Appreciate yr help guys!

P.S. Ghostdog i searched and found the tools but am looking for someone to guide which is the BEST!

Old 26-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
I use Sound Forge and i don't use PC Suite's compression because like i said many times before,it is not any good.For high quality ringtones i use these settings: 44Khz 16bit mono.A compromise between quality and size is 22Khz 8 bit mono.I preffer high quality ringtones.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 26-02-2004, 06:11 PM

Ghostdog got the point!
Although how do you reduce the size
You surely dont compromise on quaity but don't tell me now that each of your ring tone is 4mb :p

Looking forward to know how you compress the size of file!

Old 27-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Like i said,you reduce the quality by lowering the bitrate.

Quote:
A compromise between quality and size is 22Khz 8 bit mono.I preffer high quality ringtones.
You can also use alternate wav codecs like GSM but they don't sound really nice,i preffer PCM.Most of my ringtones are arround 400-800K.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 27-02-2004, 06:58 PM

Thnx Ghostdog

Hey could you tell me how you adjust the volume?? It seems most of my songs are playing at a low volume is there any solution for that? Am sorry 4 pushing u
Ads

Old 27-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

It depends on the application you are using.In Sound Forge its under Process->Volume.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:32 AM

Ni+Mh is on a distinguished road
Ay. I'm not too sure bout Symbian OS but hell I do wanna get meself a 3660, which means I can use a WAV file as a ringtone, is that right?