All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-06-2009, 06:58 PM

TheSpecialBoy is on a distinguished road
E90 users How manny are we still? What is next>>>

Hi,

I was just wondering:
_ How many of us are still using e90 and using this forum?

Will you still hold your e90 or test a diferent phone?

Old 30-06-2009, 08:30 PM

warfaze is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialBoy View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering:
_ How many of us are still using e90 and using this forum?

Will you still hold your e90 or test a diferent phone?

i am still using the E90 and i juss love it. using this since last year and i have no complain against E90. almost one year using and during this time i bought iphone 2g then last month i got the new iphone 3GS.iphone is obviously a nice phone but to me iphone is a portable multimedia unit which has phone ability and infact i use this as ipod with a prepaid sim. it dusnt look like a phone to me. E90 is best . smart and so useful to me. btw Nseries nokias looks like multimedia unit from nokia to ceompete iphone.

so am using this E90 and probably till any new communicator release

Old 30-06-2009, 11:23 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile E90 Runner Up !

Did the Steve's not 100% objective Grid , filled in my choises : E75 winner , But my 2 years oldfashioned E90 was still the runner up !!!
Full use every day . Got no PC , Mac or other big obstacle , but almost everyday > 8 hours Internet , Foto's , Text , Films , etc .
Still my running mate ......

Regards jApi NL

http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/grid.htm

Last edited by jApi NL; 30-06-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Adding URL

Old 02-07-2009, 09:20 AM

kcfischer is on a distinguished road
one year user and still loving the E90. From time to time looking at other options, but for business use nothing beats the E90.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 AM

jetro is on a distinguished road
I've recently switched to the e90 after using the palm treo line for a very long time. The move was due to a need for a busines smartphone (e.g. with email, querty) with wifi and gps built in, the e90 fits that need perfectly (at least while the palm pre gsm is not yet available ).

I am liking this phone more as I used it. I think I will be using this phone for a long time still.

Last edited by jetro; 03-07-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Ads

Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
I've been using my E90 for about 19 months, and still think it's the best phone around, bar none. The build quality is fantastic, the internal screen is great, the keyboard is not as good as the Touch Pro's but it's still pretty decent, and I have no interest in getting a new phone anytime soon. I just hope Nokia continue to develop the Communicator line and don't consider the N97 a true replacement (which IMO it most certainly is not).

I just wish Nokia could sort out their firmware updating mechanism, as I have so far been unable to update my E90 to the v400 FW...

Old 17-08-2009, 03:11 AM

HLing is on a distinguished road
Still here with the Communicator E90. Now that I'm used to the keyboard (used to have a 9290) I am very happy with it.

It's hard not to notice how the qwerty has been all the rage for a while but the Communicator has had it all along even when the general conception was ".no one would really want a keyboard on their phone". Still, nothing comes close to the sturdy yet classy body of the E90.

The MP4 video that can shoot for as long as your memory card will hold is of great quality. I've managed to capture so many valuable footage because of it. The camera which is only 3 megapixel nevertheless has also served me well as I figured out how to use it to its fullest potential.

I wonder, now that everyone has hopped on board what the Communicator series will come up with. Whatever it may be, I'm sure it will be the leader of the trend again.

Old 18-08-2009, 10:51 AM

siavashghahrema is on a distinguished road
I've been using the E90 for almost 2 years, still the battery is great, and i just love this phone, i have been using Nokia's communicator product line for many years, i started with 9210i and i loved that too.
this is the best business phone out there, nothing can compare to it, and as my friend said iPhone is just a multimedia device with a sim-card built in .

although i'm really looking forward to buy the new communicator.
i think a faster CPU, ( maybe Intel Atom- because Nokia has been ordering chipsets for few month) i really don't care about the camera, Wimax , better GPS.
maybe a mini projector or some kind of video output connection built in. better battery. dedicated volume keys. larger outside LCD AND the most important thing is a pointer like 9300i had, that you could use it like a trackball like thinkpad laptops, it would be the best thing when browsing the web.

Old 18-08-2009, 03:03 PM

Broadbandings is on a distinguished road
I think this will probably be my last communicator. The phone has been great in some ways and not so great in others.

PROS:
Listening to music while I browse the internet at the airport

Watching converted videos on a plane.

Writing notes in my hotel room in docx format.

Checking in and chosing my seat for the return flight, on my communicator.

LCG profimail - so easy to use and works well.

The screen, great colour reproduction and clarity.

CONS:
Stupid auto-update for my weather program and profimail sometimes can't connect to 3G, I take the phone from its holder to find it hot and the battery drained.

Specific support for E90. Sure, there are lots of symbian applications out there, but some only work with the inner OR outer screen.

Screen aspect ratio - should be taller, 352 is just not enough, like viewing the whole internet through a post box.

Built-in applications, why are they generally rubbish? email, calendar, notes, web browser, file manager, all basic and clunky. No easy way to change the default for the quick-launch keys, so, what you think is a great feature turns into a row of wasted keys.

Screen again - the OS doesn't take advantage of it. What I'd like is a split-screen feature so I can browse the web or view PDFs in one half and make notes in Quickoffice in the other. Also need cut and paste!

Take a look at how small the new portable PCs are:
http://www.dynamism.com/#Product=umid

Something like that would be great for short trips, airport, plane, hotel, meetings, poolside (small enough to be discreet without looking like a complete work-obsessed geek)

PLUS something slim, multi-media focused, easy to use, well supported with lots of cool applications... hmm, I wonder what that could be...