All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-03-2010, 04:22 PM

jaanreinok is on a distinguished road
Nokia n95 8Gb problems with software update.

I recently bought this phone from one online sellingstuff place. Phone had software version of v31 or something like that but ovi suite says that its possible to update phone to v35, what i hope will make phone faster. I think my phone is rooted because it have tons of ngage game on it and other stuff.
i restored phone to factory vers but it didn't help. How i cant update my phone because it gives me internal error: 4

What are my options? i would be very thankful for you response. Thank you in advance.

Old 20-03-2010, 06:56 PM

well? its been almost 24h form my last post. i've searched, tried and nothing. even that e * green button combination doesn't delete my old software. i still receive same errors form nokia software updater and from ovi suite. how can i restore my phone to factory settings?

Old 21-03-2010, 09:26 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Start by formatting the mass memory on the phone.

Then power the phone off.

Then keep the keys '3' and '*' and green/talk pressed down (you only said yo used * and green, which is not enough). While they're down, keep on keeping them down, and simultaneously press the power on key. Keep the keys down, until the phone reboots.

After it boots up, everything that was added to the phone after it left the factory it was made in should be gone. If that's not the case, something went wrong with the '3'+'*'+'green' reformat, so retry.

Now try updating the firmware.

If it still doesn't work, then the phone could have a hardware fault, or it may be that there is no new firmware for that particular product code.
Ads

Old 21-03-2010, 09:59 PM

Thank you for that useful information. I have tried that three key combination. Firstly i took out sim card, then pressed three buttons down and after that i turned phone on still holding buttons (its luck that i have long fingers ^^). i released my fingers after phone asked me to enter region.
before that I formatted mass memory, witch had previous user stuff on like music, apps, some kind ngage hacks, naked ex pictures and many more.

My phone is black and its not copy. also it is useful to mention that ovi suite told me that v35 is released but it fails to update.

I plan to install phone software on my father computer witch have xp as os.

there is 1 thing more what doesn't... ah well. phone is used and slider is loose. when i put phone to pocket then its not still- it moves a bit and make small unnoticable click. . sorry about my English. i there anything i can do about that?
thank you.