All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-03-2008, 05:43 PM

gsrider is on a distinguished road
Will the N96 be able to support a wireless bluetooth mouse or a wireless keyboard with a touchpad? Unfourtunately these features are not available with the N95 8gb yet.
Ads

Old 01-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Ricky Cadden is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

What is the point in designing a great looking phone with great features then only giving it a 950mah battery? ! Its talk time & stand by time are less than the N95!

Did Nokia learn nothing from the N95? Did all those complaints from unhappy users count for nothing? Let's see how long it takes them to release another version with a 1200mah or larger battery.

The DVB H TV feature will also turn out to be useless for most people because it isn't available in many countries. It's not compatible with Freeview in the UK so no TV on it here.

Sadly the N96 is too little too late. I will pass on this model & wait for a Nokia with the new S60v5 OS towards the end of the year.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

With FP2, are you able to have the option of ending calls by closing the slider?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Unregistered

Talking Release Date

Will the 3rd quarter 2008 release date of N96 be push through? If in that case, it will be by next month then, August, cant wait to own this phone.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Time will tell.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

will the TV work in the UK?

It says about the TV using DVB-H live TV broadcasting here:-

http://www.mobilefonereviews.co.uk/p...Nokia-N96.aspx

But will the TV work in England?

If someone can confirm it will, Im defo getting one!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:56 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
As far as I know, there are no DVB-H broadcast networks in England (at least not in production). That means the DVB-H receiver is not going to be of any use to you there.

Old 22-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

Smile That Theme

Hey Guys! Where can I download that theme used on that N96 on those pictures for my N95 8GB?
Thanks!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy n96 review

i just bought n96. like the review written is very good overall. two thins i want to point out.
battery life and the ram. using the phone itself for a day i discover that battery life is way back lousy than i expected. the n95 8g seems to last then it. and the ram more worst. i install taskman to check on the ram . where as after start up you left only 46 mb to run, yet i havent start using any application to run. imagine running 4 application together, the movie lagging like hell. shit. yet i have to install ram booster software to boot some memory to run, but still not enough. sorry to dissapointed you all on this review. but overall i agree with the reiview written. just that this two problems nokia have to think of something to deal with it. or update firm ware to release some ram memory to run. or else this phone is as loe tech as the i phone 3g or similar to to n95 classic one. always lag.

email me you guys if you have the same problem at spoon25my@yahoo.com

Old 13-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

HI all
the new Nokia N96 Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/j2001m
is now open and new videos uploaded including
nightclub video demo (very good)

Old 05-10-2008, 08:54 PM

ebo is on a distinguished road
N96 and DVB-H in Italy

Has someone tried the mobile TV (DVB-H) feature of Nokia N96 in Italy, does it work? Nokia N77 and N92 didn't work, because there was a difference in the DRM being used. I don't if this issue has been solved yet.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Battery Harming N96

Do not buy this phone unless you are housebound, office bound or car trapped. It is not a mobile because you have to keep it plugged in to the mains in order to use it.
The battery drains before your very eyes and the process starts as soon as you turn the phone on.
It's fortunate for Nokia that none of the applications writers has brought out a Battery Life Indicator. If they did, nobody would ever buy this phone and Trading Standards would probably force Nokia to withdraw the "mobile" description.
Its a dog; a nice looking, full featured dog.

Old 15-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Unplugged is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Cadden View Post

What is the point in designing a great looking phone with great features then only giving it a 950mah battery? ! Its talk time & stand by time are less than the N95!

Did Nokia learn nothing from the N95? Did all those complaints from unhappy users count for nothing? Let's see how long it takes them to release another version with a 1200mah or larger battery.
They haven't learnt it from their last 20 handsets what makes you think their going to start now?

Old 16-05-2009, 02:29 PM
IAA

Unhappy How to use acceleration sensor in N96

Hey I bought a N96, but I can't still find how to use acceleration sensor.

Please help me to use this!!!

Old 25-08-2009, 09:58 AM
tilt

Unhappy n96

don`t buy this phone,
i`m in the 4th month of repairs!!!!
this phone can do anything for a couple of minuts & then you have to start over..
Look at nokia `s share performance. You can call it Nokia bank.