All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Nokia Messaging for Social Networks, now with Twitter

If you have one of Nokia's S60 5th Edition phones and feel both social and brave, there's a whole new beta of "Nokia Messaging for Social Networks" to play with over on Beta Labs today, now including Twitter integration. Video and details below. Is it only me wishing we could just get to the end of the road where all this stuff was just finished and stable and we could use it without caveats?

Read on in the full article.

Old 14-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

It's excellent. Well done Nokia.

Old 14-12-2009, 04:53 PM

fernando20 is on a distinguished road
Shame it looks like it's a java app. Lil slowish to launch.

Old 14-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's excellent. Well done Nokia.
After buying a +600 euro Nokia device (N97), I find very had to get trilled by a alpha-level app, where the Twitter client is limited to a proof-of-concept level operation - almost all advanced function are disabled.

Look at this FREE client http://www.tweets60.com/ - and compare then to Nokia's "brilliant and new" Messaging for Social Networks...the tiny Ravensoft app outperforms Nokia's work by 100:1.
Ads

Old 14-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
After buying a +600 euro Nokia device (N97), I find very had to get trilled by a alpha-level app, where the Twitter client is limited to a proof-of-concept level operation - almost all advanced function are disabled.

Look at this FREE client http://www.tweets60.com/ - and compare then to Nokia's "brilliant and new" Messaging for Social Networks...the tiny Ravensoft app outperforms Nokia's work by 100:1.
Well as this tweets60 app only does the next to useless and pointless twitter stuff (which will be history in a year anyway) you are talking shyte.

Old 14-12-2009, 09:24 PM

Captain Jon is on a distinguished road
Uhm, Tweets60 does not support Facebook so that is a big FAIL for even bringing that up. Yes it does support Twitter better than Nokia's offering but again apples and orange comparison is no comparison.

Gravity does support both, but it isn't free and only supports status updates and newsfeed. No support yet for Facebook picture and video uploads, events, birthdays and friend search.

So yeah, good job to Nokia.

Old 14-12-2009, 09:49 PM

tenoce is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
I don't get it. I mean some software could come from Nokia, but the major part comes from 3rd party software developers. Why are you blaming Nokia for not having an application for your needs? They put together a nice programing environment so blame the 3rd party developers.

Old 16-12-2009, 06:20 AM

bradstyris is on a distinguished road
Almost all Nokia software have made by third party software developer. Nokia company develop only basic software for Nokia cell phone.
Anyway all third party software made in Java application. I also made software in Java for Nokia cell phone. It is about recording of call and editing.

Last edited by bradstyris; 16-12-2009 at 06:23 AM.