All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-06-2003, 02:09 PM

wahoo is on a distinguished road
No serial cable mmc card reader/write allow installation??

i from Singapore and this is my 1 post , 2 day ago manage to found this url through other web page link cos i was looking at the information of 9210 cos My unlce lend/give me his 9210 for 1 year ?? i dunno he want back or not

the phone got a 16Mb mmc card But it no had the pc suit, Manaual and serial cable.

so now i had a 9210 communicator and i manage to download nokia 9210 communitor or ( pc suit ? ) but the problem is i dun had the 9210 Serial cable, my computer no got infrara .

can i just buy a usb PQI multimedia reader/writer such as this one

will a mmc card reader/writer cost around ( $25 ~ $30 SGD ) allow me to install programe or game into the 9210 handphone? is the installation of application or game easy? cos i totally new to to this phone. :cry:

this is my 1st time useing nokia pc suit,, and i realise for this 9210 nokia pc suit software to work it need a serial com port??

will buying a mmc card reader allow me to install application game or backup data Without using nokia pc suit ( cos 9210 pc suit need serial port) ??

or the mmc card reader/writer will work with the pc suit and installiation of game application will take place inside the software pc suit itself??

i a noob and quit worrying about how to use.

1) mmc card reader/write allow installation??
2) need to use the nokia pc suit ??

3) what excatly is the funstion of the nokia pc suit???
( i go to nokia website http://www.nokiaasia.com/apc/phones/0,,316,00.html to download the instllation pc suit file but i no had series cable so cannot use :robot: )

i wish to ask are there 3 way to install file into the 9210
1) using serial cable thorugh com port?
2) using infrar ??
3) using mmc card reader/writer

if i mangage to install the application will it allow me to unistall the application before return the phone to my uncle? ops:

Old 17-06-2003, 04:18 AM

aj96 is on a distinguished road
yes you can install applications and games to your phone. since you have an mmc reader/writer (i suggest you buy 128 MB MMC) just copy the *.sis files to your MMC then put the MMC inside your phone, open the file using the file manager which is pre installed and it will automatically install. Sad thing is you can't backup your phone coz the mmc reader/writer does not work in conjunction with pc suite. you can also install using infra but it takes a longer time than the mmc reader/writer, just send the *.sis files via infra to your phone then and open and install. with the mmc reader/writer though you can just copy paste all the *.sis files and voila!!! 8)

dont hesitate to ask if you have more questions. Welcome to AAS!!! 8)

Old 28-06-2003, 06:43 PM

heyyhowudoin is on a distinguished road
Whoa! Hold your horses!

Im already confused! Take it easy on those questions!
Well try to answer them one at a time.

i think your best bet if u stil nid a data cable, is to look for other ppl who previously owned a 92 or a 91 or rather a communicator, their data cables r jst d same. im sure u can get it cheap since they already have no use for it anyway.

Old 29-06-2003, 02:01 AM

The Godfather is on a distinguished road
Yep...

Old 01-07-2003, 05:51 PM

wahoo is on a distinguished road
i thank you all for all your help, i went to buy a reader and it work i mange to install game/applicatio , transfer mp 3 from pc to the file
up to now i still no own 9210 serial data cable

Old 01-07-2003, 06:54 PM

Old 02-07-2003, 11:57 AM

Tomahawk is on a distinguished road
You don't need PC Suite for backup purposes. In File Manager you can simply back up to MMC and then use the USB reader to transfer the backup file onto the PC if you want to. I agree with AJ96, you are soon going to want a bigger MMC and 128Mb is the one to go for. Don't get 256Mb MMC, the 9210(i) does not work with it.

You only really need PC Suite and a serial cable if you want to synchronise contacts / calendar / tasks with something like MS Outlook on the PC. If this isn't important to you, forget PC Suite.

Old 02-07-2003, 03:42 PM

It's usefull to sync to a pc...

Old 30-06-2004, 03:06 PM
shirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj96
yes you can install applications and games to your phone. since you have an mmc reader/writer (i suggest you buy 128 MB MMC) just copy the *.sis files to your MMC then put the MMC inside your phone, open the file using the file manager which is pre installed and it will automatically install. Sad thing is you can't backup your phone coz the mmc reader/writer does not work in conjunction with pc suite. you can also install using infra but it takes a longer time than the mmc reader/writer, just send the *.sis files via infra to your phone then and open and install. with the mmc reader/writer though you can just copy paste all the *.sis files and voila!!! 8)

dont hesitate to ask if you have more questions. Welcome to AAS!!! 8)
i also only have a mmc reader, but the games i download hav *.jad files not *.sys
how do you install these games, where do I find the write games to saend to my mmc?

Old 25-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Unregisteredll

How long does it take to install 9210 communicator software via infrared from pc and where can i find a free software lets say the normal one.