All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-08-2004, 12:52 PM

Ferryman is on a distinguished road
SX1 hardware, capable of producing quality mp3 sound?

Hi everyone.
I have recently bought myself an sx1 which i plan to combine with a TwinMOS 512mb mmc-card. The dream was to have an "all-in-one-unit", but my primary concern is to have a fully working mp3 player.
Now music quality is very important to me and I was wondering how the quality of the sx1 sound would be compared to dedicated players (ipod's and other brands). Is the phone's hardware capable of producing quality sound? I am going to use the sennheiser px 100+adapter for optimal experience. Please answer only if you have tested it, or have actual facts on the matter. Thanks for all help.
ps: I dont think this is covered in other sections. If it is, please excuse me for not being able to find it (yes I know there's a search button

Old 24-08-2004, 03:32 PM
bawbag

mp3 quality

If you use real headphones, the quality of the sx1 playback is very good. I am sure there will be dedicated players of better quality and also worse. If you encode your own mp3s well (I use VBR average 190) then you would need a damn good ear to hear the quality loss even on an sx1. Unfortuatly you will get a bit of hiss from mp3s (not the players fault), just like you do with tape. If you want mp3, you will have to put up with this.
I say go for it and good luck!

Old 24-08-2004, 04:39 PM

thanks for the reply, I have already ordered the equipment by now so it didnt really affect my decision, but my heart is a bit lighter now cant wait till the stuff gets here
Ads

Old 27-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Agacsakal is on a distinguished road
and so? what is your decision about the sound quality Ferryman? I am think to buy a sx1 nowadays I eager to hear your opinion.

Old 29-08-2004, 12:05 PM

Cool waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agacsakal
and so? what is your decision about the sound quality Ferryman? I am think to buy a sx1 nowadays I eager to hear your opinion.
I am still waiting for the adapter for my headphones, but the twinmos 512 memory is working perfectly. I tried listening to mp3 with the embedded headphones, and it werent all that bad. I mean, its not dreadful. Only a bit "powerless", I listen to alot of rock so the headphones just lack that extra juice. Im hoping the sx1 has enough power to fuel my sennheisers... I will post the result.

Old 03-09-2004, 04:16 PM

Exclamation result

I have now had the headset for two days and I sit back with mixed feelings. The sx1 fail to use the full potential off the sennheiser thats for sure. The bass becomes crispy and the volume is a bit low, but sufferable. I am going to use it as my primary mp3player, but its not the best experience I've had, maybe a better mp3 software would help?`Viking's suck just to have that said... the original embedded with the phone is not bad though...