All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-10-2002, 01:41 PM

projektil is on a distinguished road
Image-Uploader works with my own Server! Try it for yourself

Please try my own Image Server and transfer your images via the ImageUploader within the Photo-Application.

You can visit the Server under this adress: http://www.prinzip.com/nokia/

The configs:
---------------------------------------------------------
Image Server Name: Prinzip
Access Point in Use: (Use GPRS or HSCSD)
User name: abcd
Password: abcd
URL address: https://www.prinzip.com
Auto folder naming: Off
---------------------------------------------------------

- Upload: Select Image uploader / Upload
- Accept untrusted certificate + continue

- Please note: Creation of own folders and upload of a folders is not supported yet.

BUT: I have a big problem:
Due to the untrusted certificate (i create my own certificate rathter than buying one from e.g. cybertrust) i changed a 7650-configuration some time ago and i canīt find it now... ...it was named something like "Accept trusted certificates in WAP only" and it has to be changed from YES to NO to make the uploader work with my certificate.

Please help me, the first one who finds this option will get a password-protected image folder of his own!

feel free to contact me via mail: ralf@saintseven.com

Old 23-10-2002, 07:28 PM

-jb- is on a distinguished road
Are you planning to share the source code of the picture server?

Old 23-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
I'd be interested in how you achieved this. If someone were to offer some server space we could set this up and have it as a place for people to upload images to and then show them off in this forum.

An extnention of this idea is to have a place for people to upload stuff to to link to from the forums. Anyone got some spare bandwith space to donate?

Rafe

Old 23-10-2002, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
I'd be interested in how you achieved this. If someone were to offer some server space we could set this up and have it as a place for people to upload images to and then show them off in this forum.

An extnention of this idea is to have a place for people to upload stuff to to link to from the forums. Anyone got some spare bandwith space to donate?
Bandwidth and space is no problem, I have about 300Gigs left on my Server (Dual P4) and I have nearly unlimited traffic...

because of the infrastructure needed for the uploader, Iīm planning to build a kind of Upload-Proxy. The Service should be like this: If you sign up on my page, you could enter your ftp-adress. If your image-uploader logs in on my page, th transfered image will be uploaded to your server and you can create new folders on your own server via the build-in dialog of the 7650.

The other possibility is to create a image-gallery on my server, with your own public and privat folders and lets say about 20mb of space.

I donīt know which version you prefer, i will realise both.

But my problem is to find the option, do you had any luck? I should documentate my work next time :-?

Old 23-10-2002, 08:15 PM

i should log in first...

Old 23-10-2002, 08:18 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Wish I could help on the certificate thing, but not having a 76550 to look at / check my own hampers me a bit. Come on 7650 experts...

Old 24-10-2002, 12:33 AM

Tsunami_Hiroshima is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Due to the untrusted certificate (i create my own certificate rathter than buying one from e.g. cybertrust) i changed a 7650-configuration some time ago and i canīt find it now... ...it was named something like "Accept trusted certificates in WAP only" and it has to be changed from YES to NO to make the uploader work with my certificate.

Please help me, the first one who finds this option will get a password-protected image folder of his own!
Hi projektil,

First of all, congrats on getting the image uploader to work on your server (I'd love to know how you done it)

I think (and I only had a quick search of the phone) the option you are looking for is in Settings / Security / Certif. Management, from here you can change a level of trust assigned to certificates by selecting Options / Trust Settings / Internet (Yes / No), don't know if it works with unsigned certificates or not as I haven't had a chance to check it yet.

Hope this is what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Tsu

Old 24-10-2002, 12:44 AM

<<<-- Double posting tosser!

Old 24-10-2002, 11:24 AM

Who uploaded a picture to my server?

Someone uploaded a picture named "ScreenShotMaloney.jpg" to my server. It seems that he/she has solved the problem with the certificated. Please contact my via mail: ralf@saintseven.com

Old 24-10-2002, 11:45 AM

Re: Who uploaded a picture to my server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by projektil
Someone uploaded a picture named "ScreenShotMaloney.jpg" to my server. It seems that he/she has solved the problem with the certificated. Please contact my via mail: ralf@saintseven.com
I thing it must be someone from the uk...

Old 24-10-2002, 01:51 PM

-jb- is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami_Hiroshima
Quote:

Hi projektil,

First of all, congrats on getting the image uploader to work on your server (I'd love to know how you done it)

I think (and I only had a quick search of the phone) the option you are looking for is in Settings / Security / Certif. Management, from here you can change a level of trust assigned to certificates by selecting Options / Trust Settings / Internet (Yes / No), don't know if it works with unsigned certificates or not as I haven't had a chance to check it yet.

Hope this is what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Tsu

Old 24-10-2002, 01:56 PM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
And the OSCAR for the shortes reply goes to............ -jb- clap clap

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 24-10-2002, 05:21 PM

Hi projektil,

It was me that uploaded the screenshot, had to use CSD connection as GPRS etc isn't available from my network yet.

I didn't have to do anything with certificates other than accept your one. It let me straight in, and asked if I wanted to upload to a new folder or use the existing one.

Was the image intact ? My connection was dropped during the upload?

I could see that a new image had been uploaded (even if partially), however it said that no thumbnail was available.

Will try again in a few minutes :P

Old 24-10-2002, 05:32 PM

Just tried uploading again, worked a treat

ops: ops: now please tell us all how you done it ops: ops:

Old 24-10-2002, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami_Hiroshima
Hi projektil,

It was me that uploaded the screenshot, had to use CSD connection as GPRS etc isn't available from my network yet.

I didn't have to do anything with certificates other than accept your one. It let me straight in, and asked if I wanted to upload to a new folder or use the existing one.

Was the image intact ? My connection was dropped during the upload?

I could see that a new image had been uploaded (even if partially), however it said that no thumbnail was available.

Will try again in a few minutes :P
Cool image, Tsunami_Hiroshima

The first image was corrupt, i tried to reconstruct it from the raw-data, but i had no luck... could you be so kind to mail the first image to me so that i can find out why the upload did suceeded?

What configuration did you change in the handset? anything in the certificate-management?