All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Gino

Article SX1 time changes alone

My SX1 without any apparent reason modifies the time adding always two hours to the real time. I use to set it again and everything seems to be normal. This problem comes more or less once each three days with the cell in standby.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance

Old 26-08-2004, 10:17 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino
My SX1 without any apparent reason modifies the time adding always two hours to the real time. I use to set it again and everything seems to be normal. This problem comes more or less once each three days with the cell in standby.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance
Go to Setup->Settings->Date and time and set the Auto time update to off.
Then go to Extras->W.Clock choose Options->Change city->Home and choose your home city (if you can't find it try to choose a city which is in the same time zone with your location).
You may need to set the time again after that preferably through the w.Clock app and not through settings. Also notice that it is recommended to uninstall any World Clock 3rd party apps like Psiloc's because it may conflict with the built in (Epocware's) world clock app.

Not everyone is meant to make a difference.
But for me the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option.

If there was no GOD it would be neccessary to invent him.

Old 27-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Gino Pastorutti

Thank You for the answer but all your suggestions where already so i the phone and no other application is installed. Any other idea ? . . . Thanks again in advance.
Gino

Old 27-08-2004, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino Pastorutti
Thank You for the answer but all your suggestions where already so i the phone and no other application is installed. Any other idea ? . . . Thanks again in advance.
Gino
That is really strange as the only time I had a similar problem was when I was using the built in world clock with Psiloc's one.

You may try to see if this also happens with another SIM card (may the operator forces the time to be syncronised with the time they have).

Also I've heard similar problems from P900 users but they were related with the synchronisation app with the computer (the PC windows time zone was different with the phone's time zone and so after every synchronisation between the phone and the PC the time was changing on the phone).

In the worst case try to format the phone (don't forget to get a back up first) by typing *#7370# (you'll be asked for the phone code in case you haven't changed it, it's 12345), but I don't really recommend it as I don't think it will solve your problem...

Old 28-08-2004, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisX
That is really strange as the only time I had a similar problem was when I was using the built in world clock with Psiloc's one.

You may try to see if this also happens with another SIM card (may the operator forces the time to be syncronised with the time they have).

Also I've heard similar problems from P900 users but they were related with the synchronisation app with the computer (the PC windows time zone was different with the phone's time zone and so after every synchronisation between the phone and the PC the time was changing on the phone).

In the worst case try to format the phone (don't forget to get a back up first) by typing *#7370# (you'll be asked for the phone code in case you haven't changed it, it's 12345), but I don't really recommend it as I don't think it will solve your problem...

To my bad luck (or maybe good) After testing the first solution I've recommend it to you a similar problem apeared to me. after setting the city (time zone) as well as the time in world clock everything was going well untill the time I've turned the phone off and then on,. I had the strange thing of seeing the time being set to the GMT (which means -2 hours as I live at Greece Thessaloniki with a GMT+2). Even when I tried to put the clock +2 hours (in order to have GMT+4 and trick the world clock app), the time strangely was reseted to the GMT again (some kind of synchronisation with the network maybe?).

I can't really find a pure sollution. I'll further examine the problem and then post my findings, although I am 90% sure that the problem is behind the world clock app.

Old 30-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Gino

Thank you again !
Gino
I'll let you know if there is any new

Old 01-09-2004, 09:18 PM
r8n

I've got the same problem! But it subtract 2 hours. Every time i restart the phone the clock i 2h behind, I don't understand that when I live in Sweden (+1GMT). This problem occured after that i formatted the phone.

Hopes that someone has some answers!
r8n

Old 04-09-2004, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisX
To my bad luck (or maybe good) After testing the first solution I've recommend it to you a similar problem apeared to me. after setting the city (time zone) as well as the time in world clock everything was going well untill the time I've turned the phone off and then on,. I had the strange thing of seeing the time being set to the GMT (which means -2 hours as I live at Greece Thessaloniki with a GMT+2). Even when I tried to put the clock +2 hours (in order to have GMT+4 and trick the world clock app), the time strangely was reseted to the GMT again (some kind of synchronisation with the network maybe?).

I can't really find a pure sollution. I'll further examine the problem and then post my findings, although I am 90% sure that the problem is behind the world clock app.

The problem has actually been solved but I can't find the source of it as it was actually solved after a random series of action...

1.I tried to delete the folder C:\System\Apps\Clock using a 3rd party file manager. This file is actually holding the setting for the world clock app. The problem was still there after the restart. And the reconfiguration.

2.Installed Psiloc's World Clock Pro. The problem transformed from actually -2h to +3h of the real time... I've tried many combinations with no luck. The program was removed (and with it every Psiloc app I had).

3. I tried to live with the problem as I was actually not restarting/turning off the phone many times till one day. I was going for a haircut while I was waiting I was browding some of my photos using resco viewer. The place I was didn't had good signal (I was barely seeing the Op logo). Then suddenly the phone hung and was not listening to my key presses. So I waited for the restart BUT after the restart the phone had the correct time.

After all the above , I solved the problem without actually knowing how. I tried many times either to restart the phone (using appman or the standard way by turning it off and then on) but the time was never again changed. I even tried to force the problem re-appear by doing the above mentioned things with no (bad?) luck.

I even tried to enable Auto time update which actually changed the time to +6 (and after the opening of the world clock app to +3). But after disabling it again the problem was vanished.

Then I remember that when the problem was first met it was when I changed my language from auto to english (through Setup->Settings->Phone->General->Phone Language) so I could write the solution I knew on the previous posts. I tried it again and to my surprise the time went to +3 after the restart. But again after changing the time to the correct and restarting the problem was vanished once more till the time I changed the language again to auto...

Somehow after doing the language change many times I found some problems. There were a few times that after changing the time from auto (which is the greek Language to me) to English after restarting the phone hung. I had to remove the battery and turn it on. I found out that the Language was not changed but on the menu The english lang. was selected as the chosen! But during the many changes I've also managed to have the problem re-appear but now instead of subtracting 2 hours it adds 3!!!

I was kinda confused. Next thing I've done was to enable auto time update. After the restart I'Ve noticed 2 things. firstly the time was +3 and a few secs later was +6(which was normal).

I've changed the time from the world Clock app and then turned off time update from settings. After that I made a restart. No change. Second restart the time changed to +3! Changed the language from greek to Auto. Then Turned on the auto time update again after correcting the time was not changed after the first restart. After the second it was again to +6...
Again changed the time to the correct (through the world Clock app) and then dissabled the auto time update.

Problem solved...

Although all the above are not an actual sollution, with some testing (maybe of the last few steps) you may cure your phone...

Old 14-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Vickyc

Unhappy Please Help!!!

Hello, I have an SX1 and I live in the US. I have the latest FW, version 12. For some reason, my phone reverts back to February 2003 every time I try to update the time/date settings and I restart the phone. I have tried enaabling and disabling the Auto Time update feature. I have tried making the changes using both the World clock and the Time/Date settings on the phone. I have ven tried reformatting my phone and starting from the original FW it came with, and updating to version 12. The phone retains all the other settings I save to it, why does it not retain the time/date settings???? I welcome any suggestions anyone may have. Thanks!!!!

Old 25-01-2005, 09:21 AM

ralphl is on a distinguished road
problem solved?

Did you find any solution for the time changing problem, I have the same problem!

Old 14-02-2005, 08:53 AM

spusibrk is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem with the same firmware version 12.My phone goes to 1/1/2003 and some crazy time zome everytime i turn it off and on.Who can help us?
Ads

Old 15-02-2005, 06:59 AM

spusibrk is on a distinguished road
hello guys i have GOOD NEWS.Todat after buying and trying 3 different softwares i finally found solution.I bought system tool for series60 from Psiloc and install it.Next i opened airplane mode and phone asked me to turn it off and take out my sim card and then turn it back on.After first time phone was displaying "insert sim card"so i did not wait and shot it off wright away.Second time i waited longer and airplane mode showed up on my screen.I went to time settings or world clock(maybe both)and set correct time and date.When i insert my sim card back the problem was fixed.I was very pleased and happy,and i hope you will be the same!