All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-04-2003, 08:03 AM

Ferris is on a distinguished road
quick questions regarding MMC

hallo.

have ordered a 3650 for the missus, i'm still sticking with my 7650 for a while.

Some questions regarding the MMC storage.

1. when i IR an app to the phone, do i get an option to save it to MMC straight away, or do i have to save it in RAM and then move to MMC?

2. when saving videos and pics, does the same apply, can they be saved straight to MMC?

sorry if these questions sound dumb! :-/

Old 09-04-2003, 08:14 AM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
You will need an MMC reder/writer to transfer large files to the MMC. You are limited to the phome memory size with IR.

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 09-04-2003, 08:20 AM

thanks MaleBuffy for the reply. i think i could have put my question better, now that i read it again!

basically, when i have the app on my phone (in the inbox), can i install it straight to MMC? same goes for video apps etc, can i save them straight to MMC?

Old 09-04-2003, 08:39 AM

daniatt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
1. when i IR an app to the phone, do i get an option to save it to MMC straight away, or do i have to save it in RAM and then move to MMC?
When you transfer the files using Infrared or BT, it will be save straight to the Messaging Inbox. The Messaging inbox can be set-up to use the phone memory or MMC. If you will configure the Messaging to use the MMC as the "memory in use", all incoming messages (whether SMS, MMS, E-mail or Ir & BT datas) are straight saved in Inbox messaging of MMC.

Quote:
2. when saving videos and pics, does the same apply, can they be saved straight to MMC?
Yes, The built-in camera and video has the option for users to either use MMC or phones memory as "memory in use"

Quote:
basically, when i have the app on my phone (in the inbox), can i install it straight to MMC? same goes for video apps etc, can i save them straight to MMC?
While installing the application, you will receive a prompt to choose whether to install it in the MMC or phones memory... unless the developer programmed the application not to prompt you. I have installed more than 50 application and so far I've seen 1 application that do not ask on where to install the app, it was installed directly in the phones memory.

Old 09-04-2003, 09:15 AM

many thanks daniatt, thats what i needed to hear

Old 01-09-2006, 12:49 PM

jimut is on a distinguished road
directly sending data to to mmc

I have a Nokia 3230. As you know it has only 6MB of internal memory out of which about 1.5MB is already used up by internal applications. So, I'm unable to receive larger files through bluetooth or infrared as itis stored in INBOX which uses the phone"s internal memory.Can you please tell me how can I save files received by bluetooth or infrared directly on my MMC?

Old 01-09-2006, 03:10 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimut
I have a Nokia 3230. As you know it has only 6MB of internal memory out of which about 1.5MB is already used up by internal applications. So, I'm unable to receive larger files through bluetooth or infrared as itis stored in INBOX which uses the phone"s internal memory.Can you please tell me how can I save files received by bluetooth or infrared directly on my MMC?
Easy... install MSDriveE.sis - found in this forun!
Ads