All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 01-08-2004, 07:21 PM
awash awash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
awash is on a distinguished road
my n-gage doesnt start up anymore!!!

my n-gage doesnt start up anymore!!! after i changed the sim card with another language and it was working with the new language but when i insert my old card it said system error and doesnt start up again The screen only shortly turns on (only with white screen the word nokia logo appeared and after a couple of seconds it disappears. After repeatin this about 4-5 times, it wont turn on AT ALL anymore . What can i do to repair it it there any way to format it please help thanks i am too away to nolia service center

  #2  
Old 01-08-2004, 10:30 PM
CybaCowboy's Avatar
CybaCowboy CybaCowboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: QLD, Australia
Posts: 237
CybaCowboy is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N-Gage: NokiaN-GageQD/1.0 SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/1.2 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Stick the charger in and charge it up (will it even charge?), then remove your memory card and try switching it on (sometimes a corrupt memory card can prevent start-up). If this still doesn't work though, you're probably gonna have to take it to your local Nokia Care Center or authorized repair center and have the firmware re-installed/updated...
__________________
OpenOffice.org, the free productivity suite!

Home page: http://www.openoffice.org.au
Suite Overview: http://www.openoffice.org.au/products
Ads

  #3  
Old 02-08-2004, 04:04 PM
awash awash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
awash is on a distinguished road
CybaCowboy i was tried to charge it but i can only see just nokia logo come and disappeared couldnt see the sign of charging and the big prob is i am living in africa my friend sent me from sweden there is no local service for nokia here please help me i will try every possible solution what u gonna tell me ...

  #4  
Old 14-08-2004, 08:46 AM
munky_boi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

hi m8, i had the same promblem as u but the only thing i could do was to take it to a servis senter, they fixed it for me, but now i hav a flickering problem...........

  #5  
Old 15-08-2004, 08:17 AM
CybaCowboy's Avatar
CybaCowboy CybaCowboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: QLD, Australia
Posts: 237
CybaCowboy is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N-Gage: NokiaN-Gage/1.0 (4.03) SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/0.9 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

And now my N-Gage QD has the same problem as you... Yay!
__________________
OpenOffice.org, the free productivity suite!

Home page: http://www.openoffice.org.au
Suite Overview: http://www.openoffice.org.au/products

  #6  
Old 16-08-2004, 07:17 PM
awash awash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
awash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybaCowboy
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N-Gage: NokiaN-Gage/1.0 (4.03) SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/0.9 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

And now my N-Gage QD has the same problem as you... Yay!


ohmm come one some one tell us how to fix with out going to service center special that placed far away to my country ....

  #7  
Old 17-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Donny
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by awash
ohmm come one some one tell us how to fix with out going to service center special that placed far away to my country ....
The problem is w.s.o.d the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=phone&v=56">phone</a> <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=memory&v=56">memory</a> came under 500 KB so can't boot completely, the only way not going to a service center is buying yourself a flasher ( USD 200-250 ) yesterday my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=phone&v=56">phone</a> is also fixed in Amsterdam it cost me 30 because I bought my QD 3 days ago in Bangkok, maybe you could try to <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=contact&v=56">contact</a> a service center in an other country, maybe they can help you out. The <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=phone&v=56">phone</a> needs to be reflashed, you can also send it back to the country were it came from and let it be fixed with the warranty there.

  #8  
Old 17-08-2004, 08:45 AM
parveen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
ngage startup error

Quote:
Originally Posted by awash
my n-gage doesnt start up anymore!!! after i changed the sim card with another language and it was working with the new language but when i insert my old card it said system error and doesnt start up again The screen only shortly turns on (only with white screen the word nokia logo appeared and after a couple of seconds it disappears. After repeatin this about 4-5 times, it wont turn on AT ALL anymore . What can i do to repair it it there any way to format it please help thanks i am too away to nolia service center

  #9  
Old 17-08-2004, 05:00 PM
awash awash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
awash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
The problem is w.s.o.d the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=phone&v=56">phone</a> <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=memory&v=56">memory</a> came under 500 KB so can't boot completely, the only way not going to a service center is buying yourself a flasher ( USD 200-250 ) yesterday my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=phone&v=56">phone</a> is also fixed in Amsterdam it cost me 30 because I bought my QD 3 days ago in Bangkok, maybe you could try to <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=contact&v=56">contact</a> a service center in an other country, maybe they can help you out. The <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=phone&v=56">phone</a> needs to be reflashed, you can also send it back to the country were it came from and let it be fixed with the warranty there.
Donny i think its better to send it back to sweden the place where it came from ...

thanks for every one that replied to my message
 

Bookmarks

Tags
anymore, ngage, start

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to auto start Apps after power on (eg RemoteP800) Lantana Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 14 12-12-2007 08:11 AM
Weird problem with 7650! (Cant start phone anymore) Nokia 7650 6 14-11-2004 10:41 AM
Best quick launch / quick start program? dragonetti Nokia 3650, 3660, and 3620 0 09-07-2003 03:39 AM
MY 3650 don't start!!! HELP!!! Nokia 3650, 3660, and 3620 5 16-04-2003 05:17 PM
9210 won't start up. borrower Nokia 9210 and 9290 7 12-11-2002 02:01 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy