All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-05-2005, 09:22 PM

m0uth is on a distinguished road
N-Gage QD problem

Here's the deal.
My brother has a problem with his QD.
We tried to find solutions for the problem on the net, but haven't really come across anything helpful. That's why I'm here, asking you good people for your aid.

First, a bit of background story:
I got myself a nice big fat 512 mb mmc Super Talent card for my original N-Gage. I filled it with dozens of mp3s, 17 n-gage games, some java games, emulator & other programs.. I never experienced any problems with it and it worked decent and fast.

My brother, naturally, loved my N-Gage and wanted one for himself the day that I got mine. So, about a month after, he got himself a brand new QD. It came without an mmc, so I gave him the original 32 mb nokia that I got with mine and no longer needed. Since 32 megs is not enough, a week later he got himself the same 512 mb Super Talent mmc card that I own. He filled it with games, videos, emulators, programs and some mp3s..

Then one day, he complained about getting the dreadful "unsafe to remove memory card without selecting remove mem. card" message.
I witnessed it myself everytime we played a game over bluetooth (quite irritating i assure you, especially when you're winning )
So, I checked if the card was right in its slot, but the problem returned again.
My brother claims that the problem occured even when he had nokia 32 meg card !

So, what is causing this problem? It clearly can't be mmc since it works well with my n-gage. Or is QD more sensitive than the original?? Damn that hot swap! It's not even well made, by the time I pull the damn thing out, I can probably change the card 3 times on my 'ol n-gage... well, just my two cents...

So, any suggestions/ideas/tips?
I'm sure the good people from this forum will figure something out
Don't wanna dissapont my little brother.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:29 PM

GoKhAn is on a distinguished road
this is normal not nokias fault.you r usin a mmc which doesnt gives u guarnte to work on n-gage or qd.some cards work fine on n-gage but a n-gage which has got diffrent symbian version it cant work.in threads some sidetalkers said 256mb twinmos not works on n-gage but i bought it 6 months ago and there is no problem on my n-gage.
so you must try before you buy a mmc or read tested mmc thread and after buy it.
i think there is no solution , continue use it on your n-gage and buy your brother a new one

Old 12-05-2005, 03:42 AM

CuteRicanPapi is on a distinguished road
Super Talent 128 MB MMC Freezes my N-Gage QD

I am trying to use a Super Talent 128 MB MMC. It freezes my N-Gage QD when I insert it into my phone. I don't think Super Talent MMC's work on the phone.

Old 13-05-2005, 06:02 AM

ThePingPongGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uth
Here's the deal.
My brother has a problem with his QD.
We tried to find solutions for the problem on the net, but haven't really come across anything helpful. That's why I'm here, asking you good people for your aid.

First, a bit of background story:
I got myself a nice big fat 512 mb mmc Super Talent card for my original N-Gage. I filled it with dozens of mp3s, 17 n-gage games, some java games, emulator & other programs.. I never experienced any problems with it and it worked decent and fast.

My brother, naturally, loved my N-Gage and wanted one for himself the day that I got mine. So, about a month after, he got himself a brand new QD. It came without an mmc, so I gave him the original 32 mb nokia that I got with mine and no longer needed. Since 32 megs is not enough, a week later he got himself the same 512 mb Super Talent mmc card that I own. He filled it with games, videos, emulators, programs and some mp3s..

Then one day, he complained about getting the dreadful "unsafe to remove memory card without selecting remove mem. card" message.
I witnessed it myself everytime we played a game over bluetooth (quite irritating i assure you, especially when you're winning )
So, I checked if the card was right in its slot, but the problem returned again.
My brother claims that the problem occured even when he had nokia 32 meg card !

So, what is causing this problem? It clearly can't be mmc since it works well with my n-gage. Or is QD more sensitive than the original?? Damn that hot swap! It's not even well made, by the time I pull the damn thing out, I can probably change the card 3 times on my 'ol n-gage... well, just my two cents...

So, any suggestions/ideas/tips?
I'm sure the good people from this forum will figure something out
Don't wanna dissapont my little brother.
haha this is funny, ok that little messege pretty much tell u to press that remove memory card safly because if u dont select that before u take ur card out theres a chance that ur card with become currupted. so all u do to select the remove mem. card is press the power button ounce dont hold it just press it then scroll down and one option should be remove mem. card safely. so if u have qd with hotswat u press select that before u switch card well before u take a card out doesnt matter if ur putting a card in. hope i helped.

Last edited by ThePingPongGuy; 13-05-2005 at 06:10 AM.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 PM

TCK is on a distinguished road
Loading multiple games into one card

Hi m0uth ! Can you tell me how can I load multiples games into one MMC card please ? Can I do it on the PC or must I do it on the N-Gage QD ? Thanks !
Ads

Old 07-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Youtje

You must use a card reader for installing games on you QD this is because there is no data cable availible for ngage, I own a QD my self and I use a USB 9 in 1 Plug&Play Card Reader that cost me 20 Euro's (something like 18 bugs) I had a 256 mb card but now its gone... dunno where it is. its gone in the time my QD whas out for a software repair

Anyway just put your card in to the "MMC" slot in the card reader open the drive in My Computer if you are using Windows XP the USB card reader wil be instald automaticly becaus its a Plug&PLay Hardware. Then dump the system map of the game in to the main directory (the directory that you enter when you dubbel click on the Drive (where you see Images,Video,Other enz.),the System map on the Card in windows is not visible but it is visible on the ngage with a system explorer app (somthing like Fexplorer). Overwrithe everything and the game should work

p.s you can also download blz. games that you can instal with a blzstap.sis

Hope this wil help

Last edited by Youtje; 07-06-2005 at 09:30 PM.