All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Angry Invalid jar file?????

Hi

I've donwloaded some free apps to my Nokia 5800 fine - no problem at all. So, I decided to splash out and buy a couple of games!

So I paid for them and started the download. It got nearly to the end of installation and then I got the Invalid jar file message. Please can anyone give me any ideas why? Is it a problem with the games?? I've tried contacting Ovi but had no reply.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Old 29-05-2009, 01:49 PM

Ilgaz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down No Ovi whatsoever on my E65

If Nokia execs aren't that disconnected from World, they should think about it. I have almost $400 amount of software purchased so far for my Symbian phones including couple of J2ME apps.

If I had iPhone,iPod now, I could launch iTunes and purchase apps from Turkish iTunes store which was unexpected since Apple isn't really good at this market let alone in mobile market...

There is NO Ovi store in my Download! application. Its web version doesn't work right in Opera (which means a lot), Safari (which they picked its engine for S60) or anything.

Perhaps Nokia should leave this Symbian thing to other companies which will actually do something about it and enjoy selling S40 devices? I mean, enough wasting our time and hopes really. What bothers me is, I will be forced to use iPhone fascistic device as a OS X user since Windows Mobile OS X support is a joke too. It is understandable, it is coming from MS. What is Nokia's issue with OS X?

Oh lets not forget something which came to my mind as first thing if I didn't know Nokia and their culture. Ignoring certain parts of planet which you have market lead can lead up ignorance or even racism questions.

Old 29-05-2009, 01:57 PM

Ilgaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
Glorified Download! That's all Ovi Store is.

And the content? Yawn... Same old generic c**p we've seen in countless many other places.

No thanks.
Unbeliavable is, Download! (at least on my E65 with latest fw) actually _misses_ content now. I remember seeing good themes, apps etc. just months ago and when I checked it again, they are all gone.

They offer WALLPAPERS (yes right, GIF wallpapers!) to E65 which is Symbian S60 V3 and couple of idiotic apps which are money traps and nothing else.

No maps even! Man you can't download maps from Download! app anymore, you have to launch their buggy S60 browser and it generally fails on that page.
Ads