All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 27-08-2010, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nokia is so boring now Zz..Zz no inovation no divx codec (i must waste my time to convert) on their $500 phone no 3D Hardware Accelerator on Symbian^1 no significan diferent hardware from $500 phone to $180 phone (they only can do is change homescreen so riduculious) still use limited hardware on Symbian (RAM even on $300 phone) that's a bad joke nokia.

you are lucky have pc to convert movie. i don't have pc so i can't watch movie from my symbian phone.. i can't buy 3rd party aplication because i don't have credit card , pay pal or other. hey Nokia any solution for people like me?
Ads

Old 28-08-2010, 02:13 AM

Samunosuke is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

What is it with all the fandroids???? I can understand it if you are a former Nokia/Symbian user and felt frustrated by it. All fine and dandy but it gets irritating real quick when I come to a Symbian site and 95% of the comments are:
"Too little, too late."
"The UI is clunky and unintuitive." And similar.
Why did Nokia do this or that?
I can put up with this BS when I visit Engadget e.t.c but ON A SYMBIAN SITE, come on.

If it was left up to you guys, the solution to 99% of the World's problems would be to "put Android on it". I was pissed at the iPhone OS (now iOS) fanboys during the height of their mania when they were all berserk and frothing at the mouth and I will also stand against all this Android mania. To each his own and let him be.

Old 29-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Unregistered

eh?

I read in the last paragraph "as an attractive upgrade for a sub-100 feature phone owner"

Unfortunatly whar=t Nokia don't seem to realise is that many of these sub-100 feature phones DO have 3G. This makes the 5150 a LESS attractive upgrade.

I think that Nokia wants to tackle the Samsung Star or the LG Cookie with this device but I doubt it will make a dent in their popularity. In fact Nokia's own cheaper offering at 80 still looks a better alternative than this. It looks good though. They ought to to replace the 5230 with this kinda look. In fact they should replace the entire 5x-series with the old style rounded design with this design. It looks much better.

As for the many (negative) comments on Symbian OS. It may not look as flashy as iOS or Android. But lets not forget that

a) Symbian is the most stable Smartphone OS out there
b) it uses the least resources to be fully usable (unlike many other smart phone OS's) (e.g. the new MS wm7 requires a 1GHz cpu!!!)

And lets be honest... it really, really, really doesn't look THAT bad. :-)

Old 29-08-2010, 08:01 AM

whatleydude is on a distinguished road
The absence of Carl Zeiss on the mid-low end models is becoming increasingly more common. That would rank quite high for me as a reason to not get one..

Old 29-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Unfortunatly whar=t Nokia don't seem to realise is that many of these sub-100 feature phones DO have 3G. This makes the 5150 a LESS attractive upgrade.
)
In what territory? A mistake often made when looking at these phones is to think parochially. Nokia are global and are selling phones into territories that have poor or non-existing 3G networks, so a phone with 3G has no advantage there. PEven in countries where the network providers claim to have good coverage, I have found the reality to be something less than adequate. Many people don't care. And if they do, Nokia already make sub 100 phones with 3G. This 5150 is expected to be even less expensive, and will suit those who are needing something low cost that can play their music and send/recieve texts.

The requirements of individual buyers vary a great deal, and it would be a mistake for any individual to assume their needs are everybodys needs.