All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-01-2007, 07:45 PM

Maticek is on a distinguished road
Angry Nokia of Slovenia Repair Service

I bought a N73 on friday(19.1.2007) evening at the local store of the my gsm provider (Mobitel), which is one of the certified Nokia resellers here. I haven't really managed to play around with it on friday.

I used the phone on Saturday the first day and had eventually to clean the screen in the evening. I decided to use the cleaning patch that came with my phone.
I'm sure I wasn't too rough, i.e. didn't apply an enormous amount of pressure, while cleaning the screen (afterall it's not the first time I cleaned a screen on a mobile phone), but the screen broke. It was very disappionting.

So the first thing I did on monday (sunday being a non work day) was to take the phone back to my local store, seeking a replacement for my phone. They denied me the replacement and said that the only option is to send the phone to the Slovenian Nokia Repair Center. Having lost all my hopes I gave them the phone and prayed to god the repair would take too long. After all, they only needed to replace the cover. 10 minutes of work in my opinion. Well I was wrong.

Today it's been 1 week since I sent the phone in for repair and I decided to give the Slovenian Nokia Repair Center a call. To my misfortune they recieved the phone on wednesday (24.1.2007) and said that it will take them 2 weeks to repair it. Thats another 9 days from now! For a 10 minute repair!!!

Now I'd like this message to get some attention from Nokia of Europe or the Finnish Nokia or whoever is higher in the chain than Nokia of Slovenia, because this is not how one should treat his customer.

I really don't understand how can they deny me the replacement in the first place, for a phone that was basically 1 day old and had a manufacture error? The next thing is that there is I can accept that they need 14 days to change a cover on a phone. If I can do it in 10 minutes, they should do it 5.
Ads

Old 29-01-2007, 09:10 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Just to note: If they can do your phone in 10 minutes, and they have a queue of other phones that were sent in before yours (assuming yours is not the only one being repaired in Slovenia right now), should they let all the others wait and fix yours and then get back to the others? Why would your phone deserve being put ahead of others in their work-queue?

In any case, a two-week backlog/queue sounds too long (they should probably hire more people where more skilled persons handle the difficult cases, and junior/inexperienced people - like students, for example - handle simpler things like swapping covers).

I don't know if there are any useful contacts to inquire in Slovenia (don't understand the language), but the support pages are here: http://www.nokia.si/podpora/servis.html

Last edited by N/A; 29-01-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Old 29-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Maticek is on a distinguished road
I know my phone is probably not being the only one repaired. Nevertheless I still think swaping a cover should be done much faster. I just can't lose the feeling that if I lived in another country such a repair would happen much faster.

The support pages are form Teleray, the company behind the Slovenian branch of Nokia, which kind of negates the purpose of complaining to them about their slow service.

I guess I'll have to live with it.