All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-05-2008, 08:11 AM

confucious is on a distinguished road
Connection selection

How so I get Symbian to remember my selection?

Just about every app I use asks if it can access the internet, then asks me to chose the connection. Why?

The answer is always yes and t-mobile internet - The first time I use an app it's reasonable to ask but surely after that they should remember my settings and use them (unless a LAN is available when they should use that).

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Also, when downloading apps it adds a few more steps - eg asking if I want to download the app THEN asking if I want to connect to the internet then asking me to chose the connection then downloading the app then telling me the flippin version number and asking if I want to install - why SO many steps. With WinMo it was ussually 2 steps - telling it you want the app then confirming where you wanted it installed.

I'm sure I'm just missing the setting that says - 'Ask lots of stupid questions yes/no'

Thanks

Old 17-05-2008, 09:32 AM

Terry1100 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm sure I'm just missing the setting
I'm afraid not - that's one of the (few) downsides when compared with WinMo.

Remember the big upside though - no more "it's very reliable, I only have to soft reset it a few times a day"
Ads

Old 17-05-2008, 10:54 AM

confucious is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry1100 View Post
I'm afraid not - that's one of the (few) downsides when compared with WinMo.

Remember the big upside though - no more "it's very reliable, I only have to soft reset it a few times a day"
WinMo 6 is VERY reliable, I can't remember the last time I had to do a reset.

And push email 'just works' with WM.

I love the form factor of the e90 and will probably get used to it, but I loved the flexibility of WM and the large screen on my Athena.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 PM

KroniK is on a distinguished road
To do what your asking you must go into the applications settings and change the settings (likely under "connection") from always ask to t-mobile data, unfortunately i have yet to see a setting that allows for a primary and secondary connection option, so youll have to just set it for tmobile data and if you really care enough to change it manually switch it when your in wifi range

Old 11-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

timsalmon is on a distinguished road
It's coming in FP2 - unfortunately I don't think the Communicator (at least this variant) will get this feature but it's coming!

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/revie...nnectivity.php

...read the 4th Paragraph under the section entitled Connectivity.

Tim