All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-06-2004, 10:56 PM
fdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by konttori
Well, most of the people don't have pads for their pc:s. So, e.g. ngage might serve as one. Also, if the savegame could be transferrable between pc and mobile versions, then it make sense to sometimes play on pc screen.
It's an interesting idea I guess... and there wouldn't be anything in the bluetooth netplay protocol which would forbid it... all you would have to do is mark a device as not being mapped to any joypads (just effectively a 'spectator')

Okay, I will bear that in mind!

Old 07-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Raven,i believe that the diagonals on the N-Gage are not hardware thing,the joypad doesn't have 9 contacts but 5 so when you press up or down with either direction in the same time it interprets it as a diagonal.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 07-06-2004, 11:08 AM

konttori is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
Raven,i believe that the diagonals on the N-Gage are not hardware thing,the joypad doesn't have 9 contacts but 5 so when you press up or down with either direction in the same time it interprets it as a diagonal.
I'm not completely sure about this, but I believe ngage is the only s60 phone to support diagonals (up and left directions otggled at the same time). You are correct that ngage only has 5 contacts.

Old 07-06-2004, 03:54 PM
CycloneFr

Still no new release ? looks like it will be directly a new 0.23 version sounds great for me

great job fdave and co!

Old 08-06-2004, 11:09 PM
MrbigRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneFr
Still no new release ? looks like it will be directly a new 0.23 version sounds great for me

great job fdave and co!
Is the newest version for the s60 still 0.12??

Old 09-06-2004, 02:04 AM
boblix

hey man can n e 1 in here post some links to genisis rom sites?? if u cant post active links in here then can u email them to....

removed

thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by GhostDog; 09-06-2004 at 10:00 AM.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is the newest version for the s60 still 0.12??
If it was any different it would've been posted in the first page of this thread.

Quote:
hey man can n e 1 in here post some links to genisis rom sites?? if u cant post active links in here then can u email them to....
Posting or requsting links to roms is not alowed.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Mrbigred

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
If it was any different it would've been posted in the first page of this thread.
It's just that we were getting updates every other day for a while and nothing for more than a week. I'm not trying to be pushy I've just seen you guys talking about 0.23 and according to what you are saying. That is not the S60 version. Just double checking.

Old 09-06-2004, 01:36 PM
boblix

oh sox about that man... cant they be emailed tho?
Ads

Old 09-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblix
oh sox about that man... cant they be emailed tho?
No.Like i said,posting or requesting roms is not alowed.

Old 10-06-2004, 03:19 AM
boblix

ok man... im so soz bout that man :P (when u think a new version is goin to come out if u dont mind me askin?)

Old 10-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Unregistered32

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblix
ok man... im so soz bout that man :P (when u think a new version is goin to come out if u dont mind me askin?)
For this kind of request, you can do like anybody else and go to any "underground" emulation site or even use your old friend Google ...

Old 10-06-2004, 06:31 PM
v6auh

Mr, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered32
For this kind of request, you can do like anybody else and go to any "underground" emulation site or even use your old friend Google ...
What are u on about? he's asking the makings of the flaming software (nice job by the way) why wud he go on to google instead of asking the people who are CLOSEST to the team or programmer. i wud also like to request if it is possible for u to provide us with maybe a approximation of the release date for the next beta of picodrive? no harm in asking is there?

Old 11-06-2004, 02:33 PM
fdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6auh
What are u on about? he's asking the makings of the flaming software (nice job by the way) why wud he go on to google instead of asking the people who are CLOSEST to the team or programmer. i wud also like to request if it is possible for u to provide us with maybe a approximation of the release date for the next beta of picodrive? no harm in asking is there?
Dave here,

Please don't do either of these things.

Rom requests are not allowed.
Do not ask any emu author for Roms,
Do not ask anyone who ports emulator for Roms.
Do not ask for or post links to Roms on a Message Board
And one more thing (which always entertains me no end), asking where to *find* roms is asking for roms.

Sigh. It's so boring you really would think people would know by now, but nooooo

There is actually harm in asking when will the next version be out too, because if everyone keeps asking and asking and asking, then it's gets very grating!

The latest code I have for PicoDrive is always on my website, www.finalburn.com It's exactly the same as the code I have on my computer, so no need to ask when the next version will be out. You have everything that I have.

Old 11-06-2004, 06:53 PM
CycloneFr

Fdave i think i was talking about the last release in SIS file...
btw is everything going fine with your project of emulating sound? what r u planning to do now to improve Picodrive ? let us tease

congratulation for ur work, i really appreciate what u did for the S60 fans like me