All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Sports Tracker online services goes live

The online service element of Sports Tracker, the application lets you track exercise activities (workouts) and turns your Nokia smartphone into a GPS sports computer, is now available. The online service allows you to see at a glance information about each activity, easily visualise your workouts, make comparisons and share activities with others via the Sports Tracker website, Facebook or Twitter. Read on for more information and screenshots.

Read on in the full article.

Old 13-08-2010, 03:49 PM

igb is on a distinguished road
One very useful feature i hope that they add to the phone app is the ability to batch upload tracks. I would also like to batch export tracks either from my handset, or from the web service.

Ian.

Old 13-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Its using goole maps. So then, a data plan is required to use it ?

Old 13-08-2010, 04:57 PM

tenoce is on a distinguished road
No it is using Open Street Maps on the handset. But that also needs data connection. However it needs download the map only once, then it is stored on the handset. Then if you run on the same route, no more data connection is used.
Ads

Old 13-08-2010, 05:14 PM

megapack162 is on a distinguished road
Hi Rafe,

Nokia Sports Tracker is available for most S60 3rd Edition and S60 5th Edition devices, it is compatible with more than 100 million Nokia phones. With the latest release of the application Sports Tracker has added support for some S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 devices, including the Nokia E71.
End Quote

There is actually support for all S60 3.1, S60 3.2, S60 Touch and S^3 handsets according to Sports Tracking Technologies.

They have also stated that "Live Tracking" will be available again, hopefully by the end of the year

There's also a competition to win a Polar wearlink Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor on the Ovi Blog website, all you have to do is create a pretty/cool picture with your activity.

Just off out to test the updated version out.

Cheers,

Alun.

Old 13-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

If I used Nokia phones this would be great.

Old 14-08-2010, 11:09 AM
_fakefur

shame the entire website is written in flash ... massive fail and a complete no-no for me unfortunately

oh well...

Old 14-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

"If I used Nokia phones this would be great"

Well, get one. Some of them are quite good you know.

"massive fail and a complete no-no for me"

Put that iPad / iPhone down!

Old 14-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

For Non Nokia users

Try searching http://www.symbian-freeware.com/ to get an old version

Then use the in app update to download the latest version

Old 14-08-2010, 07:34 PM

lark is on a distinguished road
Cool, can anyone compare SportsTracker to HeiaHeia? Which one is easier to use? It looks like the SportsTracker captures more data on the web-site than HeiaHeia does with eCoach (although eCoach does capture the same data as SportsTracker).

Old 15-08-2010, 10:15 AM

Silverhermes is on a distinguished road
Voice coach

I used and enjoyed Sports Tracker for at first and then changed to Endomondo because I thought my my N95 8gb wasn't going to be supported in the new version. I like Endomondo because there is a voice coach that gives total time and lap time per kilometer. If would love Sports Tracker to have this especially since there is the heart monitor now.

Old 15-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

thanks Rafe

That was a great comprehensive article so thanks. I have downloaded the sports tracker and the app for my Nokia n96 and after importing all my old workouts it will not allow me to import a new workout from yesterday or today but just says it is uploading for HOURS!! Any ideas? Thanks

Old 15-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Dazzy is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys

I am looking for a good diet app kinda thing to go with this, can anyone recommend a good one? Basically started the year at 15st 11lbs now 13st 12lbs and losing anymore is proving more and more difficult. Want to lose another stone by the end of the year and this is the time of year I get most stressed and tend to put on weight by eating junk.

Thanks

Old 16-08-2010, 06:30 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fakefur View Post
shame the entire website is written in flash ... massive fail and a complete no-no for me unfortunately

oh well...
Out of curiousity, why does flash not work with you?

Old 16-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by malerocks View Post
Out of curiousity, why does flash not work with you?
I too, like very many people, dislike Flash sites and their painful loading status indicators and progress bars.