All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-04-2010, 07:49 AM

8Ball is on a distinguished road
Sad day

Well ladies and gents tis a sad day as I write this post from my new HTC Desire. I finally took the plunge and replaced my N97 and sorry to say no regrets whatsoever. Android is the way forward now. Everything is so much more usable. I've had all the N series flagship and nothing compares. Come on Nokia get back in the game with a decent OS we know you can do it!

Old 16-04-2010, 07:56 AM

Teece is on a distinguished road
Yes, I done the same about a month ago, expect I opted for the Nexus One. Still trying to decides what to do with my N97.

Just viewing the Nokia support forum for N devices is depressing, it looks like peoples interest in the N97 has just died (I'm sure as Nokia hoped it would) as there are very few post about the N97 anymore. I wonder if Nokia thinks that is because all N97 owners are happy bunnies now.

Old 16-04-2010, 10:26 AM

nottmbantam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
Well ladies and gents tis a sad day as I write this post from my new HTC Desire. I finally took the plunge and replaced my N97 and sorry to say no regrets whatsoever. Android is the way forward now. Everything is so much more usable. I've had all the N series flagship and nothing compares. Come on Nokia get back in the game with a decent OS we know you can do it!
Yes, I have the same impression that Android at the moment, looks a better bet then either Symbian or WinMo. Even with the forthcoming N8, I know it's Symbian ^3, but just the thought of another Symbian device puts me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teece View Post
Yes, I done the same about a month ago, expect I opted for the Nexus One. Still trying to decides what to do with my N97.

Just viewing the Nokia support forum for N devices is depressing, it looks like peoples interest in the N97 has just died (I'm sure as Nokia hoped it would) as there are very few post about the N97 anymore. I wonder if Nokia thinks that is because all N97 owners are happy bunnies now.
I suspect that it's a bit of both - existing N97 owners who are happy with their phones, but have probably been happy since Day One. I think the ones that are unhappy with the N97 have been unhappy since Day One but have probably moved onto a different device by now - or at least contemplating changing ( like me! ) . It's just the overall impression from reading various forums re the N97 -
it's seems a pretty devisive device!
RM-530
E72-1

Old 16-04-2010, 09:55 PM

Teece is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
Yes, I have the same impression that Android at the moment, looks a better bet then either Symbian or WinMo. Even with the forthcoming N8, I know it's Symbian ^3, but just the thought of another Symbian device puts me off.

I suspect that it's a bit of both - existing N97 owners who are happy with their phones, but have probably been happy since Day One. I think the ones that are unhappy with the N97 have been unhappy since Day One but have probably moved onto a different device by now - or at least contemplating changing ( like me! ) . It's just the overall impression from reading various forums re the N97 -
it's seems a pretty devisive device!
Yes, I would agree, and the N97 certainly did provoke a lot of emotion, and some anger.

Old 16-04-2010, 11:10 PM

dog-man is on a distinguished road
I am not one of those people who change phones to keep up with new developments.

But.................

I am so fed up with my N97 being so sluggish and buggy, that I am looking at moving to something newer and better.

dog-man

Old 16-04-2010, 11:21 PM

nottmbantam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
I am not one of those people who change phones to keep up with new developments.

But.................

I am so fed up with my N97 being so sluggish and buggy, that I am looking at moving to something newer and better.

dog-man
Generally, I'm not either. I had my N95 for over two years, I ignored the N95 8GB as it wasn't that much of an improvement, didn't go for the N96 either. Prior to the N95 , I bought a 6680 which had probably been out for a year by that time.

I'm in a similar situation - looking for something that performs better. Although I declared I wasn't going to get a Desire, just looking through video's of the phone in operation - it does look rather slick.
RM-530
E72-1