All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-07-2006, 10:14 PM

Fibroman is on a distinguished road
Big N70 Power Button Problem !!!!!

Hi. I just bought a Nokia N70 on ebay two weeks ago. It seemed to be a good deal and everything was working just fine, except that my Power button on top of the N70 was hard to press in to turn the phone on and off. I have very small fingers and I still would sometimes have to press the button 3 or more times and try to "angle the pressure on the button " to get it to work. I am not sure how the button is supposed to look on everyone elses phone, but mine is a little resessed, so It is not easy to push to begin with. Well, now it seems that the button is no longer functioning at all. It appears that I am now stuck leaving the phone on all the time, And if I forget to recharge it and the battery goes all the way down, I would imagine that the phone would shut off and then I would never be able to use it again !!!.
I do not currently have this phone linked to any phone carrier. I am just using it's non phone features such as camera, symbian apps, etc, so I do not have a "service center" that I can take it to.
So, is there any symbian app or other app that would allow me to turn the phone on without using the power button ??? Maybe something that could remap it to another button on the phone?? I know there is an app called turn off that turns off the phone, but I cant find one that turns it on ..
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Jeff.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 PM

mr g is on a distinguished road
Get your self a genuine N70 houseing from mobilefun.co.uk,as your N70 might have a non-genuine houseing.Some non-genuine houseings that i have bought have had this problem also.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:10 AM

Fibroman is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info about the replacement houseing. I checked it out and I will get one, but how hard is it to replace the old houseing and put the new one on. Does the new housing come with instructions? Will I need special tools?, or does it need to be taken to a service center to replace the houseing for me?
Jeff.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:56 AM

It's not that hard really.
There are a few tutorials round the net.I'll try and find one for you.....or you could do a google search.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:02 PM

mattk1 is on a distinguished road
http://www.uselessinfo.pwp.blueyonde...-dismantle.htm

That should help you out

Old 10-07-2006, 11:37 PM

You dont have to do all the steps though
Ads

Old 28-04-2007, 02:35 AM

camstans is on a distinguished road
Red face Nokia N70 power button not working

Many Many thanks for this guide.

My power button just stopped working one day, and unfortunately when the battery ran out, i could not turn the phone back on.

i did not have go through the whole procedure, just the first few steps to see the micro switch in there which is the power button.

it was a bit loose, 2 of the points had come lose and there was no continuity.

i just thought about taking the switch out and it fell off. then just made contact with the two top points and the phone turned on.

this will at least keep my phone working (unless powered down) until i can get the switch fixed.

THANKS AGAIN