All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM

kwasmaan is on a distinguished road
N8 Flash support?

Hey guys I hope to upgrade to an N8 soon (from 5800) and one of my friends is willing to come over to Symbian from Android simply because she loves the Camera and USB on the go feature of the N8 (she's tired of carrying around phone and camera). The only thing stopping this move now is a question about flash lite 4. We both play a flash-based game online 'BattleDawn' and the addition of Flash 10.1 to Froyo is a huge selling point to her because she'll be able to play the game on the go (in theory).

Now I've read that flash lite 4 supports most of flash 10's abilities and talks a lot about video playback but I can't seem to find any info about support for browser based games. Do any of you play any such games and if so have you tried playing it on a S^3 device? If not do you know where i may get this info or if there is some type of emulator available where i may be able to test it?

Thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
testing now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasmaan View Post
Hey guys I hope to upgrade to an N8 soon (from 5800) and one of my friends is willing to come over to Symbian from Android simply because she loves the Camera and USB on the go feature of the N8 (she's tired of carrying around phone and camera). The only thing stopping this move now is a question about flash lite 4. We both play a flash-based game online 'BattleDawn' and the addition of Flash 10.1 to Froyo is a huge selling point to her because she'll be able to play the game on the go (in theory).

Now I've read that flash lite 4 supports most of flash 10's abilities and talks a lot about video playback but I can't seem to find any info about support for browser based games. Do any of you play any such games and if so have you tried playing it on a S^3 device? If not do you know where i may get this info or if there is some type of emulator available where i may be able to test it?

Thanks
the initial screen loads ok .. music plays .. join as new player ..

the page loads .. its not well formatted for the N8 screen .. flipping between portrait and landscape .. it gets through the initial game selection screens but crashes once you've selected a planet to play on (I took the defaults)

So with the standard browser it fails .. Opera 10 Mobile also fails / asks for flash player to be installed.

Perhaps when the new Nokia browser is done ..
Ads

Old 07-12-2010, 11:42 PM

kwasmaan is on a distinguished road
Thanks much Seki. Well that's definately further than my 5800 will go, lol.

Not a deal breaker for me, with the N8's hardware I really can't go wrong with it's price, I guess it's fingers crossed for the new browser. I read that Flash 10 is coming to Symbian in the future once the phone meets the hardware specs so again fingers crossed that the N8 will meet them (clock speed and RAM wise)

Again, thanks for the response and sorry for crashing your browser :/