All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-04-2004, 11:31 AM

ClozeOne is on a distinguished road
I find SonicN is great, I'm still trying to get all those emeralds. Tomb raider is just surprising, the best game in the N-gage for me. how could all that fit in so little space? Only problem, there's no music, but I think there wasn't on the original either... Red faction isn't very good in my opinion. I've got Goboy and Harvest moon 2, I love that game.
As soon as I get the full version of Yewnes I'll get some RPG. Which one do you recommend?

Old 26-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
So, I guess people are playing games after all

No one else playing Rayman 3 then? Anyone finished it? I'm talking about the N-Gage version of course, not the simple Java version. As a fan of platform type games since Wonder Boy, Giana Sisters etc., I think Rayman 3 for the N-Gage brings no shame to the genre.

Anyway, another question; What games for the N-Gage are you most anticipating? Out of the announced games, or just in general, games you'd like to see for it. Personally I'm looking forward to Ashen and Crash Nitro Kart. I'd also like to see the regular Crash Bandicoot ported, and Capcom's Street Fighter 2 -like the one you can get for the GBA.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 26-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Snakes
-- Twitter: @ewan

Old 26-04-2004, 11:30 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Sweet! Looks pretty cool. So will it be realesed for purchase or as freeware you reckon?
I always wondered why they hadnt put snake on the phone, it was almost as if it wasnt a real nokia wthout it

SAbz

Old 26-04-2004, 11:41 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Theres so many new releases due that i cant wait for. Ashen, The sims, Crash nitro kart, joe, marcel footie, requiem of hell, sega rally, snakes, tiger woods, ghost recon, worms, call to duty. They all look so cool! Hopefully therell all be released as scheduled and easily obtainable. We still havent half of the games in stock since there were released. Then again allack will probably stock them all anayway, so that shudnt be a problem. Im still hoping theyll release GTA in the future, thatd be the best!

SAbz

Old 27-04-2004, 12:55 AM

ET3D is on a distinguished road
Rayman 3 was the game I liked most from the ones I had at first. However Tomb Raider grew on me. I still find it too easy to get stuck in Tomb Raider, which puts me off. But yes, it's an impressively huge game. Of course, I still liked Ancient Empires the best, but I finished it rather quickly. I'm waiting for more strategy games to come out.

BTW, I showed the N-Gage today to a friend of mine who has a Gameboy Advance, and he was quite impressed. Except of course by the normal N-Gage problems of game switching and taco-talking.

Old 29-04-2004, 11:02 AM

N-gage is a better machine than GBA, no doubt, but it lacks some game generes, such as fighting (and I think a virtua fighter would fit) and RPG. Nevertheless, I believe n-gage actually has a great future: A new n-gage means more market, and the games that will be released are very attractive to new customers-The sims, specially, I think. And its a great mobile phone at an attractive price.

Just a little bit more of marketing is what it needs, I think, specially here in spain, where the number one selling videogames magazine (hobby consolas) doesn't talk about the N-gage. I suppose people at nokia read these forums, then please listen: the machine is great, very attractive, just a little bit more marketing, and release more games earlier. Make people know how great it is.

Old 29-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
RPG will be covered by Pocket Kingom and Requiem of Hell

There are rumour that King of Fighters will appear in Q4 2004, bu nothing concrete we can track down yet.

Old 29-04-2004, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan
RPG will be covered by Pocket Kingom and Requiem of Hell

There are rumour that King of Fighters will appear in Q4 2004, bu nothing concrete we can track down yet.
well with RPG I meant something like FinalFantasy or Shining force... but PK will be great.

KOF would be sooooo great...
MAy nokia listen to you!

Old 29-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClozeOne
well with RPG I meant something like FinalFantasy or Shining force... but PK will be great.
As I said, Requiem of Hell will be the game for you...

And there is an early Neo Geo Pocket Emulator in development. Currently at 12frames per second, when it hits 20-25 frames then you'll have actual spped emulation. And you won;t want anything other than "SNK vs Capcom - Match of the Millenium." That's THE fighting game.

Old 29-04-2004, 04:34 PM

RoYaL21 is on a distinguished road
I want to have The Sims and Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer and Bomberman and Crash Nitro Kart. Those are the games i'm waiting for

Old 29-04-2004, 05:14 PM

Onizuka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
I play Contra,Super Mario Bros 3 and Spy VS Spy on the Nes emulator and FIFA 2004 once in a while.

What yewnes version are you using? I'm using version1.80, it's really slow and the sound is bad.

Old 29-04-2004, 10:49 PM

Yeah I didn't remember about the neo geo emu. Then let's all give our (moral, at least) support to that great person working in the emulator. You know, we all love you XD. I'd help but I'm no good at programming or anything like that :P

As for which games I look forward to, The Sims is definitely one of them, as well as Pocket Kingdom, Requiem of Hell (thx to ewan, I hant had a close look till you told me) and dunno, there are lots of good games announced.

And I hope they are better protected than the ones released until now. The market is small, and it is full of warez -- not very attractive for companies I think.

Clozeone

Old 30-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka
What yewnes version are you using? I'm using version1.80, it's really slow and the sound is bad.
Same as you,1.80 and the speed bar is one block short from full

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:56 PM
sQo

Triz

I haven't found a highscore about "Triz" in the internet.
So I have to post it here:

107387 points - is there anyone to crack this ?

lepo@gmx.ch