All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-04-2004, 07:13 AM
marcus90509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook
I'm using N-gage for 4 days and already found 3 bugs... hope, that Symbian is more stable than devil-from-redmond's system...
1. Screenshot app + some games = hang or unstable work
2. Mp3 player: when started without headset, it informs: "Plug the headset or turn the loudspeaker on". I open the options menu, then I turn loudspeaker on, then press play, but nothing but white noise is comming out from speaker. It happened also once, while trying to "loudspeak" the radio.
3. The notepad app have some problems with refreshing screen while scrolling. Also, there are problems while scrolling the text:

[12|]
[13]

When the cursor was in indicated position, (' | ') but at the bottom of the screen, pressing the down arrow key didn't worked - cursor disappeared, in fact it moved before the '[' char in 13-th row.

Firmware is 4.03 (V 4.03; 26-11-2003; NEM-4)

Regards -- Spook.

I have n-gage v4.03 26-11-04 ITA and it hasn't prob w/loudspeaker and note but i can't send mms with midi or gif images. it just says format not supported, cannot insert object

do you have this prob

(my phone was 3.30 then, when i buyed it they flashed v.4.03, i buyed it 3 days ago)

Old 21-04-2004, 04:26 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Ill double check but i dont think gif and midi are supported in mms. I think its just jpeg for pics and aac for sound.

and im not sure wat u meant about ur loudspeaker. Do ya mean it wont play things through the loudspeaker?

SAbz

Old 21-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Spook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAbz911
Ill double check but i dont think gif and midi are supported in mms. I think its just jpeg for pics and aac for sound.

and im not sure wat u meant about ur loudspeaker. Do ya mean it wont play things through the loudspeaker?

SAbz
Sometimes - only static white noise is comming out. I haven't checked out when exactly the loudspeaker doesn't work, but usually after playing games, even 'Bounce'. When the headset is plugged, no problems arise.

Regards -- Spook.
Ads

Old 22-04-2004, 12:37 AM

Like always id suggest a hard reset ( *#7370#), but first check see if the problem arises after using a particular application. If it does try uninstalling it and checking it.

SAbz

Old 22-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Spook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAbz911
Like always id suggest a hard reset ( *#7370#), but first check see if the problem arises after using a particular application. If it does try uninstalling it and checking it.

SAbz
I'll try. One more question: I've never done hard reset before, but i guess, thatit cleans all data stored in phone's memory. If so, what is the best way to backup them? Either on mem-card or by Nokia Suite on PC? I've heard from pal, that PC-NS stores firmware too (hard to believe, but is that true?)

Regards -- Spook.

Old 22-04-2004, 05:15 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
I don't know what "PC-NS" is, but the backup does not back up firmware; just user data, installed apps (if you use PC Suite, check the "BackupExclusionList.dat" file in the PC Suite installation directory for what's not backed up by default).

I'd back up both using PC Suite and to MMC to be on the safe side, and then first try restoring from the MMC after a reformat.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:28 AM
symbiote

prob

yo.........i started getting this error message when i try to use speed dial...it says:
telephone:System error

Old 03-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Symbiote

N-gage prob..

Old 03-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Symbiote

N-gage prob..

....well..first i used to get an error on startup..it went something like....main app closed or something.......now when i use the speed dial function is says telelphone:system error..
what gives

Old 03-05-2004, 12:14 PM

Hard reset

SAbz

Old 16-05-2004, 05:34 PM
clive_the_great

Angry wont even turn on

ive had my N-Gage for about 3 weeks now and already im having serious problems. 3 days ago i tried to turn it on and it just displayed the nokia loading screen. I tackled this problem by changing the MMC card and the phone worked fine. I tried to turn on my phone this morning and it wouldnt even show the loading screen, no lights, no nothing

Old 16-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Cr4sHnBurN

wont boot

hi, i go to turn my ngage on, it shows the nokia screen, then dissarearse, then comes back and dissapears! thats all it does! what do i do? ive tried removing and changing mmc and sim and same happends!!! plz help

Old 16-06-2004, 01:34 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you have to send or take it to your nearest Nokia authorized service center.

Old 20-07-2004, 05:40 AM

Dr@n|xX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
Yes,i did have Pro Rally installed.Thanks for the reply!
Hi GhostDog, so did it help? Coz i'm having the same problem as well. Coz i'd be QUITE irritated if it really were Pro Rally since i paid money for it and if it were the one causing the problems i'd have "wasted" my money since it can't work without screwing my calendar which i rely on quite heavily.

I've got quite a few bugs on my QD, some have already been mentioned in the other parts of the forum but i'll list them out here anyway.

I get the system error message for quite a few programs that come with Nokia:
1. Notes
2. Go To
3. Calculator
4. Calendar
The BIGGEST system error i've gotten was for messaging. The system errors i mentioned earlier were corrected by restarting the phone, the messaging error wouldn't go away. Could receive, could send, but can't open messaging at all, so can't read sms, can't check mail, don't even know who sent you the sms. It was corrected by hard reset, so i lost those sms, and i STILL don't know who sent them.

There's the lag problem that i've complained about all over the forum so i won't say more.

Occasionally my phone acts up and my call button doubles up as the ok button as well. This has only happened once or twice for no reason, but those times i received a call, i press answer, but instead a menu opens up and asks whether i want to answer, to silence, to reject etc. and u have to press ok on the option you want again to execute it rather than straightaway answer the call.

Old 20-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Yes,it did help.I'm avoiding Mophun apps/games and my calendar is working perfectly now.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.