All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Nakazul

Arrow Network bug

Hi all.
Just curiuss to discuss a network bugg that im experiensing. I have been using this phone for sometime now and i have discoverd that somtimes the phone seems to loose the network, and, the internet browser stops to respond on 3 Network.

It takes its form that the first minute of a conversation is the critical one, the connection can just suddenly disconnect, and i have to make the cal again.... mostly with the same result, then i just restart the phone again and it can go days before i experience the problem agian. How ever, if i stream some music from the 3 Network site it will get an error after some time leaving me with no internet at all =[ ... i have to restart again to get it back. Kind of sux when you pay for a service and you dont get full enjoyment out of it.

So, anybody else than me experiencing this problem...as i call it a bugg.

Old 10-12-2004, 01:44 AM

spudtheimpaler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakazul
Hi all.
Just curiuss to discuss a network bugg that im experiensing. I have been using this phone for sometime now and i have discoverd that somtimes the phone seems to loose the network, and, the internet browser stops to respond on 3 Network.

It takes its form that the first minute of a conversation is the critical one, the connection can just suddenly disconnect, and i have to make the cal again.... mostly with the same result, then i just restart the phone again and it can go days before i experience the problem agian. How ever, if i stream some music from the 3 Network site it will get an error after some time leaving me with no internet at all =[ ... i have to restart again to get it back. Kind of sux when you pay for a service and you dont get full enjoyment out of it.

So, anybody else than me experiencing this problem...as i call it a bugg.

I never knew if it was a phone bug or a network bug when i got that problem on my A920, but i get the same thing on my A1000. It's three, and its crap, but they give me hundreds of pounds worth of phone and contract, and a "retry button slap bang in the middle of the phone when it gets cut off. I think its a bug they know about and hopefully one day they will fix.
Ads

Old 13-12-2004, 07:02 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Usually when i lose network coverage or three services i just put the handset in flight mode and then put it back into handset mode. Its loads quicker than switching the handset off and on. Usually it works and ill have no problem making phone calls or connecting to three services.

The three services have been down qutie alot recently though, especialy around Nottingham. So maybe your not the only one with network difficulty.

Hope this helps

SAbz

Old 13-12-2004, 11:25 PM

spudtheimpaler is on a distinguished road
Agreed, aeroplane mode reset is much faster. Boot-up time on these otherwise wonderful phones is *not* a selling point!

Patience i think is the only valid option so far :(

Mitch

Old 15-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Nakazul

I know

that i can put it in flight mode, i have tryed that too, dosent work for me, i can get the phone net back by forcing the net to search for 3 G. But i doesnt get me # network internet service back.