All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-05-2004, 07:53 PM
MasamuneX

Sorry, I am a N-Gage Newb, but how do I...

Ok, I read the FAQS and such, but I am looking for a FREE program to convert my movies to 174x144, and I am having 0 luck finding it. I see this Helix Producer 9 and such, but is there anywhere I can go for a FREE converter for my movies? I really want to have my episode of South Park (the episode with Korn acting like the Scooby Doo team) on my cell. Any help would be apriciated. I have SmartMovie, so I am guessing that .ra is the best qaulity for the job.

Thanx for any help!

Old 02-05-2004, 09:12 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Hey im not sure wat .ra is myslef? i think ya might mean .mob which is the mobiclip file type. You can also use the Nokia Multimedia Converter and Mpegable Live X4, both of which are mentioned in the FAQ's page. Both are free and both convert to .3gp.

Next time use the search feature before creating a new thread, most topics have already been covered at least once before.

SAbz

Old 02-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
You should try the Nokia Multimedia Converter. I haven't got a URL to hand but Google it (or look on the Nokia site). Thats the free one which is simplest IIRC.

Old 03-05-2004, 07:41 PM

Onizuka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasamuneX
Ok, I read the FAQS and such, but I am looking for a FREE program to convert my movies to 174x144, and I am having 0 luck finding it. I see this Helix Producer 9 and such, but is there anywhere I can go for a FREE converter for my movies? I really want to have my episode of South Park (the episode with Korn acting like the Scooby Doo team) on my cell. Any help would be apriciated. I have SmartMovie, so I am guessing that .ra is the best qaulity for the job.

Thanx for any help!

If you already have SMART MOVIE then you should also have the converter that is included with it. .ra files are real player files that can be played only with the realone player and the only converter I know that converts to such file is the Helix converter. SMART MOVIE plays .avi files.

Old 04-05-2004, 12:53 PM

RoKa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
You should try the Nokia Multimedia Converter. I haven't got a URL to hand but Google it (or look on the Nokia site). Thats the free one which is simplest IIRC.
http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-63,00.html
but youll need to register

Old 04-05-2004, 06:15 PM
MasamuneX

SmartMovie plays .avi files? Hmmm... yeah, see i got the program, not really knowing what it did, I heard it was a lot better than the other movie players available.

So then I guess my question is, since the file I want to watch on my phone is a .avi file, does it matter what the resolution size is of the movie, or will SmartMovie automatically adjust to it?

Like I said, I am new to this whole thing, so I really do apreciate the help you guys are giving me. Thanx again!

Old 04-05-2004, 09:13 PM

RoKa is on a distinguished road
smart movie converter for your pc will resize your movie to nokia resolution (Landscape or Portrait size)

Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 PM
MasamuneX

Ohhhh. Ok. Haha. So I am guessing the "landscape" is the full screen conversion right?

Old 04-05-2004, 09:50 PM
MasamuneX

Ok, so I got everything installed. Now my question is, do I need to do any further converting, or do I just put the .avi file onto my phone? If that is the case, how do I watch it? I am really sorry for not knowing too much about this stuff, I am just hoping to learn so I can help out other people who have the same problem later.
Ads

Old 05-05-2004, 05:51 PM
MasamuneX

Alrighty, well I got everything figured out and going. Thanks to all who helped answer my question.