All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-05-2003, 01:17 PM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Mp3 player disappeared! And Re-appeared!!!!!

Well, I got my phone back, upgraded! I tried the phone for a second, checked the firmware-versions, and checked if there was an mp3-player with the flip closed. There was!

I immediately restored the phone. Checked again and…. PURE HORROR! The mp3-player was gone in flip closed mode. Everything else is still there. Improved CommuniCam (in flip closed mode as well!!), full screen video, stuff like that!

Does any-one have a solution to this BIG problem, or does anyone know what’s the cause?

One thing I noticed was that the CDA-version went back from R3A to this:
CDA162001/3 R1F04

Perhaps this is the cause?

Can anyone help me???? Please!?!?

Old 05-05-2003, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta737
Well, I got my phone back, upgraded! I tried the phone for a second, checked the firmware-versions, and checked if there was an mp3-player with the flip closed. There was!

I immediately restored the phone. Checked again and…. PURE HORROR! The mp3-player was gone in flip closed mode. Everything else is still there. Improved CommuniCam (in flip closed mode as well!!), full screen video, stuff like that!

Does any-one have a solution to this BIG problem, or does anyone know what’s the cause?

One thing I noticed was that the CDA-version went back from R3A to this:
CDA162001/3 R1F04

Perhaps this is the cause?

Can anyone help me???? Please!?!?
Wow, check this out. My phone was set to Dutch (after the upgrade as well BTW). I changed it to English and my mp3-player is back! Still not a real solution, since I really prefer a Dutch phone....

Old 05-05-2003, 03:56 PM

Ok, this is what I tried. I put the language to English. Then I went to the Control Panel and changed the “quick-access apps” when flip closed. I changed the first one from messages to Audio, then I put the language back to Dutch. Unfortunately this didn’t work. The Audio button staid, but when I press it, I see that blue bubble, but no app appears on the screen :-?

Now, here’s a thought. If we’ll be able to download the language-files for R2D (in Dutch, or any other language), the audio-function in flip-closed mode might return….

Old 05-05-2003, 05:46 PM

aaronjb is on a distinguished road
Hmm.. All very worrying..

Do you have a backup from just before you formatted that you could restore to the phone to see if the audio function then returns (in Dutch)?

I was wondering about doing a full format myself (just checked that my backup & restore both work!), but now I'm not so sure..

Old 05-05-2003, 07:46 PM

No, that's the problem, I didn't make a backup. I didn't expect this to happen... :-? :cry:

Old 06-05-2003, 12:20 AM

Well I think that the only way now is to have your phone re-flashed again with the new firmware. Sorry about that...

Old 06-05-2003, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well I think that the only way now is to have your phone re-flashed again with the new firmware. Sorry about that...
I'm still confident that an updated language file might do the trick, since the feature is still on the phone (I can use it when my phone is set to English)

Awaiting the updated language files..... COME ON SONY-ERICSSON

Old 06-05-2003, 08:16 AM

aaronjb is on a distinguished road
Yeah - obviously the language files are soft-files, not part of the firmware (makes sense, really.. One international firmware, then just bung on the language 'patch')..

Any other Dutch owners with R2D who could send you one of their backups, or even just the system dir of the backup? You might be able to work out which file is the language file and just put it back on the phone yourself with filemanager..

Old 06-05-2003, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjb
Yeah - obviously the language files are soft-files, not part of the firmware (makes sense, really.. One international firmware, then just bung on the language 'patch')..

Any other Dutch owners with R2D who could send you one of their backups, or even just the system dir of the backup? You might be able to work out which file is the language file and just put it back on the phone yourself with filemanager..
Yeah, you're right, that's a great idea!!! So, any Dutch users who can help me out here???

Old 11-05-2003, 08:01 PM

Ok, my theory was correct.

I downloaded the new language file from the SE website, installed it, and..... MP3 PLAYER IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy right now

P.S. You have to change the filename of the downloaded file first, from Nederlands_cxc162001R2A to Nederlands_cxc162001 R2A (with a space between 2001 and R2A)!
Oh, and before you install it, first change the language to English, and change it back afterwards!