All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-04-2007, 12:52 AM

147gadgets is on a distinguished road
Wifi Problem: no reaction from gateway

I read on previous posts that there are a few people with this problem but no real solution. The phone recognizes my wireless access point (Apple Airport), after I type in my wifi password I'm connected to my wireless network but when I try to surf to a web page I get the same message each time 'Web: No reaction from gateway'

Old 21-04-2007, 09:51 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer I suggest you try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 147gadgets View Post
I read on previous posts that there are a few people with this problem but no real solution. The phone recognizes my wireless access point (Apple Airport), after I type in my wifi password I'm connected to my wireless network but when I try to surf to a web page I get the same message each time 'Web: No reaction from gateway'
I've only ever seen that message on secured APs .. Please try this.

If you've defined your access point - tools / settings / connections / access points .. you can edit its settings, change the wep key type / value etc.

This of course assumes you actually know the type of security you are using and have the keys .. heh

Let us know if that fixes it for you.

Old 22-04-2007, 09:32 AM

147gadgets is on a distinguished road
Thanks Seki.
The problem is not in connecting to the wireless access point. I know my security type and password key, the phone accepts the key and I can see the little icon indicating I'm connected to the wireless access point. But whenever I try to use the connection (browsing, GPS map download, etc...) I get the message 'Web: no gateway reply'.
I have also no trouble in connecting to an open non secure access point, but again when I try to use the connection I get the same message: 'Web: no gateway reply'.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Old 22-04-2007, 12:40 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up will do some testing on this.

Quote:
Thanks Seki.
The problem is not in connecting to the wireless access point. I know my security type and password key, the phone accepts the key and I can see the little icon indicating I'm connected to the wireless access point. But whenever I try to use the connection (browsing, GPS map download, etc...) I get the message 'Web: no gateway reply'.
I have also no trouble in connecting to an open non secure access point, but again when I try to use the connection I get the same message: 'Web: no gateway reply'.
I'll do some research at my office tomorrow .. as I have a bunch of APs there in various configurations.

Will report in about 10 hours ish..
Ads

Old 01-05-2007, 03:31 PM

bongedone is on a distinguished road
I have tried mine on a few routers and have seen this message a few times. Here is what I have found so far that causes it: -

1) The router needs to have DHCP enabled and spare IP addresses.

2) If you are connecting to a work lan then you may need to set up a proxy and use your user name and password that your system admin provides you.

Hope this helps a bit
bongedone

Old 01-05-2007, 07:25 PM

kiis102 is on a distinguished road
On Your NOKIA N95
1. Scan for WLAN connections and attempt to surf but obviously it wont load sso just close the browser so your WLAN connection is saved as a access point

2. Go to MENU > TOOLS > SETTINGS > CONNECTION > ACCESS POINTS > select your routers access point > OPTIONS (Top left key) > ADVANCED SETTINGS > IPv4 SETTINGS ............. At this point dont do anything yet

3. Go to your PC
4. Start > Run > type 'CMD' > In the DOS window type 'ipconfig /all'

Ok now you will notice that in the Dos window you will have your modems details like IP address and so on, you need to enter the details into your N95 on the IPv4 settings page which we left on your N95.

++ If the DOS window shows your IP address as something like 192.168.0.1 then enter a IP address on the N95 like 192.168.0.5 (just a few numbers higher)

Once all the settings are entered just save the access point and vwalla access WAP using your router access point

Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 PM

jl20 is on a distinguished road
I had exactly the same problem. Do as stated in the above post, You will then need to enter the IP address of your wireless router in the "Default Gateway" field as well.
This is normally 192.168.0.1 or on an apple 10.0.1.1 however you should check as described above.
If your using a Mac you can find this out from System Preferences->Network->(then select airport)->Configure->TCP/IP. This will then show the router IP

Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 AM

SouthAfricaRed is on a distinguished road
I also have this problem and have done what has been suggested here,

But still get the message "No Gateway reply"

Anybody have any suggestions to overcome this?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:16 AM

SouthAfricaRed is on a distinguished road
Ok Found my Mistake

I did not enter the DNS address. You must use the same address as default gateway

Thanks for the help kiis102

Old 09-05-2007, 01:29 AM

akkh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks Seki.

Have the same problem with you "no gateway reply" when connecting to my router at home. But when in free hotspot places like MacDonald or Starbuck it works fine!

Try this: if you are using WEP encryption and 128 bit auto, enter the value using the "HEX" key instead of ASCII in your N95 security setting (it's a 26 character from A-H and 0-9).

Old 09-05-2007, 07:27 AM

BanziBarn is on a distinguished road
I've had this problem, but if I try and re-load the page it normally works the second time. Odd.