All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-02-2009, 01:25 PM

hadeda is on a distinguished road
Red face WLAN Internet access 'closed by remote server'

Whenever I try to access the Internet with my Sony Ericsson P1i over the WLAN I get a message 'Closed by remote server'. My Internet account works with GPRS, but I have to pay for this, while WLAN is free. Here are the settings for our university WLAN: http://oldwww2.ru.ac.za/administrative/it/wireless/

I have set up a WLAN account with proxy settings supplied by our technicians, and I have added this as the priority setting for my Internet connection group under Internet Settings in Control Panel. When I Scan for WLAN connections, I can see a star and a lock next to this setting. I assume that this means I am subscribed to this secure connection. Yet while it manages to connect, it refuses to allow me Internet access.
Please help!

Last edited by hadeda; 09-02-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention model
Ads