All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-01-2009, 09:46 AM

smithski is on a distinguished road
Receiving emails when MS Outlook open

Hi there
P1i
I've managed to set up my phone so that I can pick up my emails using my WiFi connection at home. Through methods of deduction I've worked out that i can only pick up my emails when I've completely shut down my Microsoft Outlook at home. Is this completely normal and to be expected or is there a way round this? Otherwise is it just a question of having to remember to shut down Outlook every time I leave the house.
I'm not a naturally technically gifted individual so please be gentle!
Thank you!

Old 15-11-2009, 07:16 PM

rochevof73 is on a distinguished road
Receiving emails when MS Outlook open

I have Thunderbird installed on two computers and have an IMAP account. On one computer, not the other, I receive three duplicate emails with every new email in the inbox. There are no duplicate emails received when I use Outlook, and there are no duplicates on the email website. I do not have this problem with the other computer. I have tried deleting inbox.msf, but that only works till the next time I open Thunderbird.

Any suggestions?
Ads