All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-12-2003, 10:48 AM

uxbod is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Battery Life

I have just got a P900 and am finding that the battery life seems pretty poor. Had a little play with the camera etc and found I only got 12 hours life. Is that about right?

Also, looking to find a site where I can get new themes etc. Ideas?

Old 14-12-2003, 11:19 AM

Bassey is on a distinguished road
Re: Battery Life

Quote:
Originally posted by uxbod
I have just got a P900 and am finding that the battery life seems pretty poor. Had a little play with the camera etc and found I only got 12 hours life. Is that about right?
Sounds appaling. How long did you charge it for first time? I usually go for about eight hours. Over the top maybe, but it makes sure all the cells are active.

Let the phone run all the way down until it turns itself off. Charge it overnight. Repeat two or three times. If you're still getting less than three days on average use (with a good GSM signal) you might have a faulty unit.

You look like you want to go away, But I know you’re gonna stay. For although your heart is in L.A, Your head is in my fridge. There’s flowers in your hair, they're not real their made of silk. There’s a note in your mouth, to remind me to get milk.

Wot Italian? from Boothby Graffoe

Old 14-12-2003, 11:35 AM

uxbod is on a distinguished road
I will give that a go thanks. The initial charge was 12 hours. Would it be the battery thats faulty rather than the phone?
Ads

Old 14-12-2003, 11:58 PM

christomas is on a distinguished road
A new battery's full potential is usually achieved after a few cycles. Charge and recharge it a few times. And if it still gives you poor performance, then have the battery replaced. Mine easily makes 2 days with heavy usage (lots of calls, text, mp3s, games)

Old 15-12-2003, 04:18 PM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Well, I found the battery to be a lot better as that P800 battery. When I'm not using it that much, I'll get 4-6 days. Try to recharge and drain it a few times, and if the battery life is still that poor, go and get a replacement...

Old 16-12-2003, 03:03 AM

cfcmd is on a distinguished road
Mine lasts 48 hours but decreases to 12 hours with heavy use. Is this normal?

Old 16-12-2003, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Delta737
Well, I found the battery to be a lot better as that P800 battery. When I'm not using it that much, I'll get 4-6 days.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. The power management seems much better than on the P800. Over-night the P900 only seems to lose about 2% of it's battery. The P800 was nearer 10%.

You look like you want to go away, But I know you’re gonna stay. For although your heart is in L.A, Your head is in my fridge. There’s flowers in your hair, they're not real their made of silk. There’s a note in your mouth, to remind me to get milk.

Old 17-12-2003, 07:52 AM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Bassey
Yeah, I've noticed that too. The power management seems much better than on the P800. Over-night the P900 only seems to lose about 2% of it's battery. The P800 was nearer 10%.
Yeah, I have that too, I was really (pleasantly) surprised by it!

I'm sorry about the problems you other guys have...

Old 17-12-2003, 10:30 AM

Corpse is on a distinguished road
Battery savers can help. Not all phones gain a lot by using this, but the px00 certainly does. With the p800 I save about 18 % of the battery, sometimes 20%. Dunno yet about the % battery gain for the p900, but for only 10 € it's worth taking the risk and ordering it, it won't harm the phone.

http://www.p900er.com/product.asp?id=889&model=p900

Old 17-12-2003, 10:33 AM

Corpse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Bassey
My p800 drains 2% in flightmode overnight. If your battery drains 10%, I can only recommend a new battery

Old 17-12-2003, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Corpse
My p800 drains 2% in flightmode overnight. If your battery drains 10%, I can only recommend a new battery
Ah, well I don't put it in flightmode and don't have any power-saving features turned on with the exception of backlight being set to auto.

I tried the battery saver and it did make a difference, but it has to be stuck over the barcode inside the battery compartment. This means you need to remove it to get the firmware flashed (they scan the barcode to see if it's under warranty or not) and they aren't re-usable.