All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Nutzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by messus
This is really not worth commenting, but I can't hold back!!

Reading what you state above I wonder what kind of medication you
currently are on Clark!?!???? Kryptonite?

The X or the X2 is'nt even close to look as good as the N70...
The X2 looks like a toy for kids coming out of an "Kinder Egg"

When it comes to specifications? Well, that is too obvious to comment..
I DON'T know u guys compare THE COLOSSUS NOKIA with the pity bug sendo

Old 02-05-2005, 02:38 PM

messus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzu
I DON'T know u guys compare THE COLOSSUS NOKIA with the pity bug sendo
I am not sure if I get what you mean here, but my point is; starting a thread
called "Sendo X-series vs. Nokia N-series" makes no point at all, because
the difference in both hardware specifications and also design makes these
two brands/phones two different worlds...

But I believe this is also what the person who started the thread means,
Sendo better have something really really special up their sleeves to
match this, and not only Sendo, but every other phone manufacturer also!

If you want a slow, mediocre phone based on an outdated version of
the Symbian S60, and are a person with mediocre needs, then the
X or X2 should be sufficient.

If you want state of the art technology, the fastest processor, best features
and software compatibility, then choose the N70.. And in my opinion, the
slickest best business silver look is also the N70..

Simple as that!

Old 02-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Nutzu

Quote:
I am not sure if I get what you mean here, but my point is; starting a thread
called "Sendo X-series vs. Nokia N-series" makes no point at all, because
the difference in both hardware specifications and also design makes these
two brands/phones two different worlds...

But I believe this is also what the person who started the thread means,
Sendo better have something really really special up their sleeves to
match this, and not only Sendo, but every other phone manufacturer also!

If you want a slow, mediocre phone based on an outdated version of
X or X2 should be sufficient.

If you want state of the art technology, the fastest processor, best features
and software compatibility, then choose the N70.. And in my opinion, the
slickest best business silver look is also the N70..

Simple as that!
seams that u got my point here but mine was short and about N70 ..... my next baby

Old 02-05-2005, 06:54 PM

Masamune is on a distinguished road
Bear in mind that Nokia has been around for a lot longer than Sendo, and that Nokia is the original developer of Series 60 (and Symbian) Smartphones, so of course they have the upper hand when it comes to research and development. Do you call Samsung a "pity bug" because they have a smaller number of Smartphones compared to Nokia?

The point about the old OS is a sore point though and while the X2 will still be running the old OS, hopefully the X3 when it appears will be running a more up-to-date OS.

Oh, and before you start saying the new Nokias can do no wrong, they run Symbian 9, which will require developers to completely redo their exsisting apps to make them compatible. Aside from which, do you have any idea how big they'll be. The whole point of a smartphone is that its small enough to be used as a regular phone with PDA abilities, not a bloody great lump you have to carry around in a satchel (owners of the Sony Ericsson P-Series and Nokia Communicator owners will know what I'm talking about).

Old 02-05-2005, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune
Bear in mind that Nokia has been around for a lot longer than Sendo, and that Nokia is the original developer of Series 60 (and Symbian) Smartphones, so of course they have the upper hand when it comes to research and development. Do you call Samsung a "pity bug" because they have a smaller number of Smartphones compared to Nokia?

The point about the old OS is a sore point though and while the X2 will still be running the old OS, hopefully the X3 when it appears will be running a more up-to-date OS.

Oh, and before you start saying the new Nokias can do no wrong, they run Symbian 9, which will require developers to completely redo their exsisting apps to make them compatible. Aside from which, do you have any idea how big they'll be. The whole point of a smartphone is that its small enough to be used as a regular phone with PDA abilities, not a bloody great lump you have to carry around in a satchel (owners of the Sony Ericsson P-Series and Nokia Communicator owners will know what I'm talking about).
Only the N91 is running OS9

And I don't care who have been around the longest and has the upper hand,
I just want the best smartphone!! I have no sympathy what so ever for Sendo!!
Ads

Old 02-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Only the N91 is running OS9
Well that's wrong! All of them will be - they're using the same base software!

Symbian 9 is a big step, both for Series 60 and for Symbian OS itself (if you don't know, go look it up) - apart from every app. needing to be re-written, a lot else changed! Sendo's "stick" with 6.1 on the X2 was a calculated, and in my opinion, very clever move on their part. It's still *the most* compatible version of Series 60 yet out!

Hold your breaths for the X3 - from what I've heard, you'll love it!

Old 03-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Nutzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark

Symbian 9 is a big step, both for Series 60 and for Symbian OS itself (if you don't know, go look it up) - apart from every app. needing to be re-written, a lot else changed! Sendo's "stick" with 6.1 on the X2 was a calculated, and in my opinion, very clever move on their part. It's still *the most* compatible version of Series 60 yet out!

i think u are brain washed by sendo(u are a pupy now),u say that 6.1 version is the *most compatible*( Is the older version of the Series 60 platform ,from earlier Nokia Series 60 phones like e.g. the N3650)wow now u make my day u don't know what are u talking about, u don't see ppl around with u'r sendo x that are strugling to make it work with some poor apps,and is full of rebots and problems common WAKE UP IS 2005

Last edited by Nutzu; 03-05-2005 at 01:21 AM.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:14 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Quote:
N70 & N90 will be based on "Series 60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 3" (2.8) and Symbian OS 8.1a. N91 will be based on "Series 60 3rd Edition" (3.0) and Symbian OS 9.1 (
http://forum.nokia.com/n70
http://forum.nokia.com/n90
http://forum.nokia.com/n91

Old 03-05-2005, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Clark you are wrong! Only the N91 will be running on OS9, the other two N90/N70
will be running the most compatible OS8...

OS6.1 the most compatible??? You must be kidding, have you been asleep or
have you not been reading this forum??

Althoug OS9 contains some cool improvements, like stereo bluetooth audio,
I would still prefer to run OS8 to be able to run aaaaallllll the cooooool
applications that won't run on either OS9 or OS6.1.

Have a nice day.

http://www.symbian.com/phones/index.html#nokia_n91

Old 03-05-2005, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzu
i think u are brain washed by sendo(u are a pupy now),u say that 6.1 version is the *most compatible*( Is the older version of the Series 60 platform ,from earlier Nokia Series 60 phones like e.g. the N3650)wow now u make my day u don't know what are u talking about, u don't see ppl around with u'r sendo x that are strugling to make it work with some poor apps,and is full of rebots and problems common WAKE UP IS 2005
Haha, if not brainwashed Clark must be on the payroll of Sendo!

If not, Sendo should hire him straight away, because a more unconditional
brand loyal person I have never come across in my entire life!!

Old 03-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Oh My God! I got something wrong! Shock Horror!

It's a pity some members on this board (actually two of the same people who have been trying to cause trouble for months) have to act quite so childishly about things!

Mesus, Nitzu do try to gain some maturity!

Old 03-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Nutzu

Quote:
Oh My God! I got something wrong! Shock Horror!

It's a pity some members on this board (actually two of the same people who have been trying to cause trouble for months) have to act quite so childishly about things!

Mesus, Nitzu do try to gain some maturity!
two words*WAKE UP* ,u are brain washed,btw my nickname is NUTZU NOT NITZU and i don't know what problems i caused telling ppl how good u'r sendo x is and correcting u from time to time because u are loosing it

Last edited by Nutzu; 03-05-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:43 PM

Masamune is on a distinguished road
Well, all I can say is thank you messus and nutcase (sorry nutzu) for being here. It means the three billy goats can cross the bridge without being impeded...

Seriously, what is your beef with Sendo? Do you have something against Nokia's competition? It is still early days for Sendo as a smartphone manufacturer - I think the X3 could be a real step forward. If the rumours are true about the X2 coming in at 150, it would make the ideal first step for people curious about Symbian smartphones, as the original X was for me.

There's nothing wrong with brand loyalty in the world of IT - my particular loyalties are basically anything without a Windows logo on it. I don't have anything against Nokia or their new phones, which are pretty good. However, that is not a valid or logical reason to start having a go at Sendo and no amount of smilies or terrible spelling will change that.

Old 03-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, but that deserves a smilie

Old 03-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Nutzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune
Well, all I can say is thank you messus and nutcase (sorry nutzu) for being here. It means the three billy goats can cross the bridge without being impeded...

Seriously, what is your beef with Sendo? Do you have something against Nokia's competition? It is still early days for Sendo as a smartphone manufacturer - I think the X3 could be a real step forward. If the rumours are true about the X2 coming in at 150, it would make the ideal first step for people curious about Symbian smartphones, as the original X was for me.

There's nothing wrong with brand loyalty in the world of IT - my particular loyalties are basically anything without a Windows logo on it. I don't have anything against Nokia or their new phones, which are pretty good. However, that is not a valid or logical reason to start having a go at Sendo and no amount of smilies or terrible spelling will change that.
good for u MASAPULE ups Masamune u and stucpupy can be cuple ,i don't have nothing against nokia or other manufacturer,but i have something against sendo(i bought the phone and i lost money around 400$,good god i sold it but was to late i feel pity on that guy who bought it anyway he sold after a week)who sell garbage phones making ppl spending they'r money to try a phone who doesn't do nothing that a smartphone does,like messus says *If you want a slow, mediocre phone based on an outdated version of
X or X2 should be sufficient. *,and i think masapule(soory masamune)is my right to flame them,and i don't think is right to compare NOKIA with .........let's say sendo.
PACE I'ALL AND LOVE EACHOTHER ..sendo rules