All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 22-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

it works on N82, but only v1.

birmingham43 at hotmail .com if anybody with this phone has any probs.
Ads

Old 23-10-2008, 05:37 PM
offwhite

iPlayer v1.0 - lets make it available.

It seems a shame that version 1.5 is being such a pain - it's not working on my E90, installs and loads fine, but I only get the menus and no actual content.

I would like to try v1.0 which most folks say is more robust but I can't get hold of a copy - the kindly uploaded versions on previous pages are out of bandwidth.

If someone can email me a copy of version 1.0 I'll upload it to an array of online hosting sites and post the links here.

I guess I should upload v1.5 also, incase it is useful to someone when the Big British Castle bring out another, more restricting version. well they're here for prosperity:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156857546/iplayer.wgz.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4KAR8XL7

could someone email james at squarehedge.co.uk

thanks.

Old 24-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Offwhite

Nokia e90

Well here's a couple of links for BBC iPlayer version 1.0:

http://rapidshare.com/files/157039587/iplayer.wgz.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PRFUEM6N

and here's the version I got working on my e90:

http://rapidshare.com/files/15703922...r_e90.wgz.html

Old 01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Help!
I made mods with V1.0 to run over 3g (i'm with t-mobile, nokia n95). However, it doesn't pop up the little press to play icon. Neither does it have the sorry...wifi...message!! Can someone send me a known working version?

ta

"roger@rogerfarley.co.uk"

Old 01-11-2008, 08:24 AM

Berty is on a distinguished road
I want my 1.0 to work on 3G on my E71, Wifi works fine.

I'm on Vodafone, any one else have it working this way?

Wish I could save programs to watch while killing time when I'm out and about.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berty View Post
I want my 1.0 to work on 3G on my E71, Wifi works fine.

I'm on Vodafone, any one else have it working this way?

Wish I could save programs to watch while killing time when I'm out and about.
It isn't a truly mobile solution, but the way I do this is to download the program I want using get_iplayer for Windows on my laptop ( http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/ ) then encode the resultant .mov file into a .avi for use on my E71 using the free SUPER ( http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html - though it is much easier to download it from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...ed/SUPER.shtml ).
I think I use settings of MP4 MPEG-4 AAC FFmpeg 320 x 176 in SUPER.

(I couldn't get the symbian app to work properly at 1.0 or 1.5).

Old 05-11-2008, 11:22 PM

Discorus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by =PRoF= View Post
Hi, I don't seem to be able to install the iPlayer widget on my e90; When I install it with the PCSuite, It says to finish off the installation on the handset, but nothing happens.

I don't get the iPlayer icon appear anywhere. It does however copy the .wgz to the widget folder on my phone. But trying to run this just opens it in the Zip utility.

I have the latest firmware (according to the PCSuite Updater)

Can anyone help me please?

move to the phones memory (put it in documents folder) and install from there. gl

Last edited by Discorus; 05-11-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: forgot quote

Old 08-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Rupert

iplayer install

Can someone please explain in words of one syallable for a bear of little brain how to install iplayer on my N95-1? I have downloaded and copied the iplayer.wgz folder to the phone? What to do next and how to run it?

Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Rupert,

Once the file is on your handset, open the file manager from the menu (possibly under office) and select it. you should then be prompted to install the Widget as any sisx file would.

Has anyone got a version working for the E71 over 3G? I'm on Three if that makes any difference.
Cheers, Jamie

Old 17-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

E71: ziped changed, ziped, converted installed - no luck!

Iv downloaded the newest version of the iplayer for the phone, converted the gwz to a zip using DOS.

Then changed the JS file adding "|E71" in the appropriate place.

saved.

re-ziped it using jZIP.

Converted back to a gwz using dos again.

shuved it on phone, installed into phone memory.

it loads, but the iplayer has not videos or anything visible, and clicking on links has no reaction....hmm HELP??

please reply to: kirgy9 AT gmail DOT com

Old 19-11-2008, 07:09 PM

miremare is on a distinguished road
Iplayer installed on samsung i8510

ive just managed to get the iplayer installed on the i8510.

i cannot get it to play or download run as the WIFI message keeps popping up.

i can scroll through all the options and have followed the instructions to install it.

I Know the wifi is accessible as ive run on a N96 at the same time.

Ive made sure that the only internet feed is my router, is there anything else i need to do.

many thanks

Old 24-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

BBC iPlayer for Nokia and Symbian S60 3rd edition Feature Pack 0

Has anyone had any luck installing the 1.0 or 1.5 application on a device that does not have Feature Pack 0 (eg # Nokia E61, E61i, E70).

From what I understand you need at least S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 or 2 to install *.wgz files correctly. I wonder if the within the *.wgz can be copied manually into the correct folder using Dr Jukka's Y Browser and then launched?

Some might say that since S60 3rd Edition devices do not support H.264 only MPEG-4 VSP (google Forum Nokia Features Table), there is no point getting iPlayer installed on older devices. However iPlayer is still useful for radio as an alternative to the Listen Again RealPlayer streams.

Has anyone had any success on older devices? It would be useful if people could post their model number, OS Version, Feature Pack Version and a description of whether it is working successfully or not so that we could compile a matrix.

Thanks

E61i User.

Old 29-11-2008, 04:11 PM
N95 classic

Running the iplayer widget

I have the first N95 silver which runs on the 3 network.

Firstly I had to update the firmware, I soon found I could not update beyond v2 because of the product code so I changed that using Nemsis sevice suite then upgraded the firmware to V3, great.

I installed the 1.5 beta iplayer widget and ran it from the application folder on the phone. This worked or should I say brought up the interface that I've seen posted on the forum, however no content!

I have defined wifi as the access point for real player and still nothing!

I'm now at a bit of a loss as what to do, there are no settings that I can access for the iplayer and cannot think what else to change. The only thing I can think of is that the phone is a locked three mobile phone, anyone having success here?

Old 29-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by N95 classic View Post
I have the first N95 silver which runs on the 3 network.

Firstly I had to update the firmware, I soon found I could not update beyond v2 because of the product code so I changed that using Nemsis sevice suite then upgraded the firmware to V3, great.

I installed the 1.5 beta iplayer widget and ran it from the application folder on the phone. This worked or should I say brought up the interface that I've seen posted on the forum, however no content!

I have defined wifi as the access point for real player and still nothing!

I'm now at a bit of a loss as what to do, there are no settings that I can access for the iplayer and cannot think what else to change. The only thing I can think of is that the phone is a locked three mobile phone, anyone having success here?
The newer version of the .wgz file doesn't have N95 support - I know because I've just done exactly the same as you. You have to edit the .js file (as mentioned in the first page of this thread) to include N95. After that you have access to the content, although still can't download to your phone, only stream.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

i8510

got it working on i8510, did both mods (i.e n95|n96|i8510) and the wifi mod, and getting the same "sorry, this programme is currently unavailable" message. just letting everyone know it will install and run on i8510 (v1.5) jus need to get this programme msg sorted now!!