All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-11-2008, 10:59 AM

OmegApeX is on a distinguished road
9300 after format problem

Hello
I have a 9300

I installed Teashark (from teashark.com) but used to get only a white screen and the device would be hanged (with and without sim card)

THen

I have formatted it. (using the CRTL + Shift + F combi)
After this i installed 'install-cingular-default-603.sis' acc to a guide on some site.

After this i download Teashark and installed it using
PC Suite and even by transfering it to the device

But i didn't get any shorcut nor any way to open it.

PLEASE HELP ! ! !

Old 25-11-2008, 11:41 AM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
I haven't used Teashark (web browser written in Java requiring MIDP 2.0) but I think I can help you.

Teashark is a JAVA application, so the file that you downloaded to your 9300 will have an extension of .JAD or .JAR.

You will need to open your FILEMANAGER, find the directory that you placed the file in and then open that file.

If it was a .JAD file, it may then want to connect to the Internet to download and install the remaining pieces.

If it was a .JAR file, it should then perform the installation which should ask you some questions, such as which folder(s) to display the Teashark shortcut in.

Please let us know how this application turns out and write a review for us (in a separate message thread with a proper subject line of course !).

Good Luck!
Ads

Old 25-11-2008, 05:33 PM

I decided to try Teashark myself and installed it to my 9300 (see review in separate message thread).

The installation file downloaded from their website is a .JAR and can be run on your 9300 by opening it from the File Manager. It installed just fine for me and ran without incident.

About your "white screen" mentioned before when trying to accept the download from their website directly, I suspect that Java opened but lost its connection. Was there a green "G" in the upper right hand corner of the white screen? Did you answer "Yes" on the prompt to connect?

It looks to be a good program to have on the 9300.

Good Luck!

Old 26-11-2008, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I haven't used Teashark (web browser written in Java requiring MIDP 2.0) but I think I can help you.

Teashark is a JAVA application, so the file that you downloaded to your 9300 will have an extension of .JAD or .JAR.

You will need to open your FILEMANAGER, find the directory that you placed the file in and then open that file.

If it was a .JAD file, it may then want to connect to the Internet to download and install the remaining pieces.

If it was a .JAR file, it should then perform the installation which should ask you some questions, such as which folder(s) to display the Teashark shortcut in.

Please let us know how this application turns out and write a review for us (in a separate message thread with a proper subject line of course !).

Good Luck!
Quote:
I decided to try Teashark myself and installed it to my 9300 (see review in separate message thread).

The installation file downloaded from their website is a .JAR and can be run on your 9300 by opening it from the File Manager. It installed just fine for me and ran without incident.

About your "white screen" mentioned before when trying to accept the download from their website directly, I suspect that Java opened but lost its connection. Was there a green "G" in the upper right hand corner of the white screen? Did you answer "Yes" on the prompt to connect?

It looks to be a good program to have on the 9300.

Good Luck!
Hello
As you suggested I had already download the file in JAR format (i.e. TeaShark-419.jar) from teashark.com.

I tried to install it by PC Suite and then placed the shortcut on the DESK.
When i tried to open it faced the 'white screen' problem. The device(my 9300) stayed in that state untill i pulled out the battery.

I formatted the device(my 9300) and transfered the 'TeaShark-419.jar' to the phone memory. Then tried to install it with the FILEMANAGER(in built in the 9300) and placed the shortcut in the same place as before. And again placed the same problem.

Then I found out that i could close the application using the menu button. That does mean Teashark is running but not fully or with bugs, isn't it or am I wrong?

Do i need to install any support software for Teashark?
or
Do i need to install anything (immediately) after formatting my 9300?
and
Is the installation of 'install-cingular-default-603.SIS' necessary for 9300?

Please HELP !!!

and THANKS A LOT for the HELP but do reply.

Thank You

Last edited by OmegApeX; 26-11-2008 at 05:37 AM.

Old 26-11-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Hello again
Please would you let me know whats this process you mentioned above .... i mean what to do exactly with an decent example
Please coz i am new to this forum.

Thank You Again

Old 26-11-2008, 11:47 AM

By post in another thread (the "process" you mention), I meant to create a "NEW POST" in this forum.

This is less confusing to people because the new information should have a NEW SUBJECT LINE that is relevant to the information therein, not some long wandering conversation.

Since I loaded Teashark, I started the new Teashark review thread so observations and posts should be put there.

Back on your subject...Teashark ran ONCE for me and was amazing.

Now when I try to run it again, I get the white screen with the green "G" in the upper right hand corner (indicating that the application is trying to make a GSM/GPRS connection to the Interneet) which can only be closed by the MENU button or Ctrl-E.

There appears to be something wrong with this program on the 9300, therefore we should now be posting feedback on the Teashark website so that they can begin fixing the problem.

I for one would like to get the application running again.