All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-05-2009, 02:15 PM

sanscritt is on a distinguished road
Shortcuts gone?

Hello all,
I was disconnecting from my mail server when phone started slowing down and main screen froze (none of the buttons working). I restarted it and still nothing (hard buttons on the bottom work, but nothing on touch. I pulled the battery and still nothing. Short cut bar was gone, but when I press in their area you can see the square, but nothing happens.

Long story short the only key that works is the media key. When I change to contacts bar everything works, but when I go back to shortcuts bar it's the same thing (nothing working). I have re-installed the software through nsu, but still nothing.
Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated,
Jerry
Ads

Old 04-05-2009, 09:59 AM

tnaquin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanscritt View Post
Hello all,
I was disconnecting from my mail server when phone started slowing down and main screen froze (none of the buttons working). I restarted it and still nothing (hard buttons on the bottom work, but nothing on touch. I pulled the battery and still nothing. Short cut bar was gone, but when I press in their area you can see the square, but nothing happens.

Long story short the only key that works is the media key. When I change to contacts bar everything works, but when I go back to shortcuts bar it's the same thing (nothing working). I have re-installed the software through nsu, but still nothing.
Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated,
Jerry
Hi Jerry,

I have the same problems : before only bar contacts, then bar shortcuts and home screen default.

The first problem is appeared with the 20.0.012, the second with the 21.0.025.

No solution here, neither on nokia forum (http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...id=smartphones) :-(((

So I've installed Handy shell as recommended by another guy.

Regards,

ThieRy

Old 12-05-2009, 11:25 AM

bobthebuilder is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem and used the same solution i.e. installed shell, but having done a hard reset as detailed in the thread Freeing up Memory all is now back to normal and working fine.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:28 PM

tnaquin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
I had the same problem and used the same solution i.e. installed shell, but having done a hard reset as detailed in the thread Freeing up Memory all is now back to normal and working fine.
I suppose that you have made a backup before.
So after a hard reset and restored the backup, do you have found your N5800 as before?

Thanks.

ThieRy

Old 12-05-2009, 05:24 PM

bobthebuilder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaquin View Post
I suppose that you have made a backup before.
So after a hard reset and restored the backup, do you have found your N5800 as before?

Thanks.

ThieRy

Yes did a full backup, hard reset and then full restore the only programs I had to manually reinstall were :
Google maps
Mobi officesuite
F-Secure

Both the last two kept their fully registered status after re installing

The only serious issue I had was that my future calander appointments were lost.