All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-08-2009, 05:29 AM

astrodog is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Corrupt Gallery database??

Hi all
I have a rogue image in my gallery after unzipping a zip of pictures today..... unsure what happened, but the image is now in my gallery about 140 times! Would be keen to be rid of it. Searches with Y-Browser and File manager haven't turned up heaps of copies anywhere - so I wonder if the Gallerys database itself has become corrupt.
Is there a way to refresh/rebuild the Gallery db that anyone knows of????
TIA
Lee

Old 17-08-2009, 09:50 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Repeating Files In Gallery

I organize my Pictures and Video's in Folders . See my post here : http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...869#post427869
So Folder "A" in Filemanager is also Folder "A" in Gallery .
However : When I set Folder "A" to hidden with X-Plore and I go to Folder "A" in Picture Gallery it says : "140 Pictures" . Openening "A" in Gallery it says : "No Pictures" .
But , when video-Folder "B" in Filemanager is set to hidden , and I go to video-Folder "B" in Gallery it says : "140 Video's" . Openeing the Folder "B" in Gallery , it shows only one video , but 140 times multiplied !!! So 139 video's are hidden and 1 is showed 140 times .
I am used to this bug and don't mind it anymore since I use for playing multimedeia I'm using X-Plore or Coreplayer most of the time .
However , maybe this is a lead for you , considering that 1 picture could be diplayed in place of 140 hidden pictures .
I wonder what will be happening when you delete this particular picture ? Another picture displayed 140 times ?

Regards jApi NL
Ads

Old 17-08-2009, 10:35 AM

astrodog is on a distinguished road
I deleted the picture, now I have a blank icon 140 times! nuisance..... just downloaded Resco Picture Viewer, seems much better anyway....

Old 17-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Smile Hidden Files

I am sorry to hear this . Did you store hidden files btw . I think they could come to the empty places after disabling hiding .
If so , disable one hidden file , it probably takes all the empty places .
When you don't have hidden pictures , is it possible to delete the empty places ?
Resco viewer is much better than Gallery anyway !

Regards jApi NL

Old 17-08-2009, 12:10 PM

Smile Betalabs Photobrowser

Since June 2009 there is also the Nokia Betalabs Photobrowser , it is free , but I heard it is also slow and in betastatus . It doesn't work on my E90 , but I think it will on E75 : http://betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view...-photo-browser
You can view the Youtube video first to get an impression .

Regards jApi NL